Monday, January 14, 2019

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW: St. ALBANS SCHOOL 2020 SHOOTING GUARD MICHAEL KATSOCK

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW
 St. ALBANS SCHOOL
2020 SHOOTING GUARD
 MICHAEL KATSOCK
 
St. ALBANS SCHOOL
WASHINGTON D.C.
 
1. Age, height, weight?
16 years old, 6’6, 185. 
 
2. You have recently entered IAC conference play what are your team & individual goals for 
this season? How would you describe St. Alban's style of play and what do you guys consistently bring on game day?
Our goal as a team is to keep improving and getting better everyday to compete for an IAC championship. We’ve had a lot of injuries to start the year so we’re just trying to get healthy for the second half of conference play. Overall, we’re working to blend our fast break with our other offensive sets. I think our ability to bounce back and stick together when adversity hits during the course of the game will really help us come tournament play.
 
3. You have multiple games this season with at least 5 -3pointers made - can you walk us through both your in season & off season shooting routine? 
I try to get in the gym every day to work on my shot. I always start with form shooting to get a lot of reps and build that muscle memory. I’d say the biggest key to success for me is practicing game shots at game speed off the catch and off the dribble. From there I gotta give a lot a credit to my teammates and coaches for always trying to put me in a position to succeed.
 
4. What college/universities are currently showing you interest or have offered you?
 Right now I’ve been in contact with primarily Ivy and Patriot League schools. 

5. What are some of the things you believe you need to work on to improve your overall game? 
I want to continue to keep getting stronger and growing into my body. I’m also working on my ball handling skills to handle in the open court more.

6. What are your basketball plans for this upcoming spring/summer?
My plan for this spring/summer is to keep working to improve my overall game and body. Last year I was fortunate to play with Team Takeover and got a lot of great experience and want to keep building on that this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment