ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW
LANDON SUPER SOPH
1. Age, height & weight?
16, 5’10, 180 lbs.
2. Earlier this spring/summer you did not play AAU, what was the deciding factor in the decision behind that?Before the Capitol Hoops summer league I could not find the right fit for me, so I decided to work on my game to be ready for summer league. This July, and for the rest of the summer I will be playing with New World.
3. What are you working on this summer to improve your game for your upcoming sophomore year? This summer I’ve been working on my body and my lateral quickness to help me defend the the talented guards in the IAC.
4. Your Landon team played in the DMV live period events what interest or feedback have you received from colleges/universities? I’m thankful for the DMV Live period, it provided me a great amount of exposure, some coaches have reached out to me and said they liked what they saw and would be tuned in for the rest of the summer.
5. You played significant minutes during your frosh year at Landon - what on court lessons did you learn that you belive will carry over into your soph season? Defending my position and limiting turnovers are the two biggest things I want to improve on from my freshman season.
6. You, Canin & Kino form a very dynamic backcourt in which each of you can get a bucket - how has playing with those two as a frosh helped you develop your game & are you three super competitive against one another in practice or open gym? I’m fortunate to have mentors like Canin and Kino to ease my transition into high school basketball. We compete everyday in practice and also during the off-season.
7. Landon appears to have a very free offense this summer - do you believe your new coach will have that same approach during the HS season or do you expect changes? I’m not sure what Coach Hajj has in store for the offense this season but I trust whatever he decides will be in the best interest of the team.
8. You have 3 years of HS basketball left but if you could pick an ideal college for yourself today - describe what that program would look like? The ideal college for me is one that I have a great relationship with the coaching staff and one that is competing in the NCAA tournament. It’s also important to me that there’s a balance between books and basketball.