Wednesday, October 10, 2018

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW: MOUNT ST. JOSEPH HS. 2020 GUARD TYLER BRELSFORD

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW
MOUNT ST. JOSEPH HS. 
2020 GUARD 
TYLER BRELSFORD

Mount St. Joseph HS.
Baltimore MD.

1. Height, weight?
6'4, 165lbs

2. What did you work on this summer to get better?
I definitely worked on getting stronger. I was in the weight room 4 times a week.

3. You are going into your Jr. season what do you predict will be your role on this years team?
I think my role will be to score, make plays and get everyone involved.

4. During your time at Mount Saint Joseph you have seen multiple D1 players what have you learned from observing their work habits?
I’ve learned that nothing is given you have to go out there and take what you want.

5. What schools have offered you or have shown you interest?
BYU has offered, but UMBC, Towson, Siena, Holy Cross, Boston U and some other schools are showing heavy interests.

6. How would you describe your game?
I would describe my game as a point guard who can get my team involved and also score when I need too. I also consider myself a leader on the
floor.

7. You are a very well traveled youth player how would you describe the Baltimore competition in comparison to the DC/MD & VA area competition?
I think the Baltimore talent is as just as good as anywhere else in the DMV area, but the difference is that the teams in DC have a little more depth and run more of a system.

8. What is one basketball skill that you can say you have definitely gotten better at doing since you have entered HS.
One thing I think I have improved in high school is definitely my defense.

9. When you first entered high school you played JV what did you learn from that experience that has helped you on the varsity level?
I have learned to just stay focused and remember it’s a marathon not a sprint. I just have to make sure at the end of the marathon I’m in first place!!

10. As his teammate what were your thoughts when James Bishop committed to LSU a school pretty far from the Baltimore area?
I think it was a good decision by him to commit to LSU he will have a great opportunity there to be successful, he just has to make sure he’s stays focused and keeps working hard. Also he will be playing in one of the best conferences against teams like Kentucky, so overall I think it was a great decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment