Thursday, October 11, 2018

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW: GEORGETOWN DAY SCHOOL 2021 GUARD JORDAN RAYFORD

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW
GEORGETOWN DAY SCHOOL
 2021 POINT GUARD
JORDAN RAYFORD
GEORGETOWN DAY SCHOOL
WASHINGTON D.C.

1. Age, height, weight?
15, 6'5, 175lbs

2. What did you work on this summer to improve your game & what schools have offered you or have shown you interest? 
I focused on getting stronger, catch and shoot and 3-point shooting. Currently I do not have any offers. Tulane has shown interest and I hear through my coaches that several other schools are asking about me and want to see me play this season.  I look forward to receiving my first offer.

3. What do you think will be the biggest difference in your game in your sophomore season than in your freshman season after a year of varsity experience?
There are several differences, but I think two areas which will provide a big impact are both my strength and weight have improved. I am almost 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than this time last year. Another impact area will be my court awareness. Last year, I had the opportunity to lead our team against various defensive strategies and that experience will help me be a more effective point guard this year.

4. GDS is often overlooked when talking about high school basketball how would you describe the GDS style of play as well as your game for those who may have yet to see you play?
Last year we ran a lot of sets that would leverage high pick and rolls with me creating opportunities for my teammates or myself. On defense, we played a matchup zone. We have most of our team from last year returning and we added several really good players, so we will mix things up more this year on offense and on defense we will play less zone and more man. Last year my main offensive tool was the mid-range pull up jumper. This year I plan to be more of a threat on all 3 levels.

5. How would you describe the level of competition in the MAC? The MAC is very competitive, each team we play usually has 2-4 guys that have offers or strong interest from D1 colleges. Last year during the MAC/IAC challenge, the MAC won most of the games.

6. What are your team & individual goals this upcoming season? Our team goal is to win the MAC. My individual goals are to keep improving and put my teammates in the best position to be successful.

7. What was the high point of your summer playing? The high point was my AAU team, Team Stat, winning the 15U Humble Division at the UA Challenge. We were not a sponsored team, so I believe we shocked a lot of the sponsored teams by winning the championship.

8. What school, AAU, rec & boys and girls clubs did you play for growing up? I have been at GDS since kindergarten so that is where I played middle school basketball. My first love was soccer, so I came to AAU a bit later than most, but I got my start in AAU with the Playmakers Organization. I also played on recreational teams at Jelleff and One on One in Montgomery County.

No comments:

Post a Comment