Tuesday, October 9, 2018

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW: GAITHERSBURG HS. 2021 SHOOTING GUARD JORDAN HAWKINS

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW
 GAITHERSBURG HS. 
2021 SHOOTING GUARD  
JORDAN HAWKINS

Gaithersburg HS.
Gaithersburg MD.

1. Age, height, weight?
16, 6’5, 170lbs

2. What schools, AAU, rec & boys & girls club teams did you play for growing up?
I grew up playing AAU with the DMV Stags and I would play at the Upper County Rec with my uncle. I would also hoop at the Gaithersburg middle school my cousin would open the gym for us.

3. What did you work on this summer to improve your game?
I improved my strength and conditioning, I also worked on my handle and low post moves. I also worked on my jumpshot and my driving ability.

4. Your team made it to the MD state semifinals your freshmen year - what is your mental focus & preperation heading into your soph year after such a successful first year of varsity basketball?
I would try to go back to what we did last year and improve on some things, so we can go all the way and raise the trophy. I would say our preparation is us working hard every day because we now know what it takes to win a state championship.

5. Can you describe the on court chemistry between you & your fellow soph Jao Ituka?
We have good court chemistry, because we work out together and we know each other’s moves.

6. What schools have offered you or have shown you interest?
Southern Alabama and Norfolk State have both offered.

7. How would you describe playing basketball & the level of competition in Montgomery County an area which is often overlooked in the DC area?
The level of competition in MOCO is very strong and people overlook it a lot because of all the private schools.

8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself in a good school, getting my education and a degree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment