Tuesday, February 6, 2018

DARIUS HINES BISHOP IRETON'S SENIOR LEADER - ALL-MET ELITE

DARIUS HINES
BISHOP IRETON'S
SENIOR LEADER
ALL-MET ELITE
BISHOP IRETON HS.
ALEXANDRIA VA.

Age, height & weight: 18, 5’11, 165lbs

1. When you first decided to attend Bishop Ireton did you believe that you would score a 1000 points in your high school career? Yes, that was one of my goals.

2. Can you describe your senior season so far & what were your personal & team goals when the season began? My senior season so far has been tough. I have to score, rebound, get us a great shot, defend the better players on the other team. The biggest thing is to lead the younger guys and the new players we have on varsity. My personal goals were to make 1st team all WCAC and score 1000 points. Team wise my goals were to get better as a team, make the playoffs & win the WCAC championship, make VISAA and win that also.

3. The WCAC is one of the most competitive high school conferences in the country what are some of the things you believe you will take with you to the next level in which you learned by playing in the WCAC?  I think what I will take most from this league is toughness. Because you can't play in this league if you are not tough. You gotta bring your game every night.

4. What schools have offered you & what schools have shown you interest? Offers: Lincoln, Long Island University Post, Concordia and Millersville Interest: George Mason, Morgan State, Catawba, Virginia Union and Chowan.

5. As a senior can you explain what you are looking for in both a college & basketball program? I am looking for somewhere that has my major, in which I like the school in general, basketball wise I fit in and the coaching style fits me.

6. What will you work on this summer prior to your freshmen year in college? Getting bigger and just getting shots up.

7. In todays day & age a lot of talented players such as yourself often look to transfer to increase their national profile or for various other reasons, what has caused you to remain loyal to the Bishop Ireton school/program? What motivated me to stay at Ireton was the conference we play in because you simply can't get this level of competition anywhere else. Also loyalty means a lot in my family, so no matter if things are going good or if they are going bad we are going to stick it out with you and that is what I did at Ireton.

8. If you were to compare your game to anyone in college or the NBA who would it be?  I would say my game is like Chris Paul very calm and poised, I play under control, use ball screens well, and make pretty good decisions with the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment