Friday, February 2, 2018

DEVON FLOWERS OF THE POTOMAC SCHOOL EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

DEVON FLOWERS
OF
THE POTOMAC SCHOOL
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
ALL-MET ELITE
 
THE POTOMAC SCHOOL
McLean VA
 
Age, height, weight: 18, 6’9, 210 lbs.
 
1. What did it feel like to receive a McDonalds AA game nomination, do you remember your reaction when you found out? It was initially surprising. My coach was the first to tell me and it felt sort of relieving knowing that I was acknowledged for my hard work, This is the best high school basketball game in the world and to be nominated was a true honor.  
 
2. What schools, boys & girls club, rec, or AAU teams did you play for growing up? I played with a few teams. I remember Fredericksburg Heat with Xavier from O'Connell back in 9u, DMV Elite and Ward 5 Warriors for rec.
 
3. How would you describe the Potomac School basketball program & style of play?  It’s based on matchups. When playing a less talented team, we tend to be more free flowing. When playing a talented team, we tend to be more systematic. However, our coach always says he doesn’t like running sets and would rather get out and run.
 
 
4. What are your team & individual goals for the remainder of this season? Team goals are to win the MAC and states. Individually I want to make All- Mac, All state, and All-Met.
 
5. What are you planning to work on this summer prior to your freshmen season at Loyola? Strength and conditioning my body are my main focuses and of course touching up on my skills (ball handling, shooting, etc.)
 
 
6. At your size your versatility is a huge asset can you go into detail as to how you developed your versatility & who are some of the coaches you credit with helping you develop? Growing up back in elementary and middle school, I always played up, and was always smaller so I played guard. I had to fine tune my shooting and ball handling skills at an early age. Those guards skills were the foundation for my skillset now. Hanif Hill, Dwayne Shackleford, and Dave Credle were key contributors to my earlier development. Recently my current coach, Levi Franklin has restored my love for the game by giving me the platform to showcase my entire game, whereas previously my game was restricted to a specific roles such as setting screens, passing, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment