Wednesday, July 5, 2017

ST. JOHN'S HS. DEVON DUNN - EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

ST. JOHN'S HS.
DEVON DUNN 
 EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW 
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
ST. JOHN'S HS.
N.W. WASHINGTON D.C. 
 
 
 
 
1. Age, height, weight? 15, 6’0, 170.
 
2. What school, AAU, Boys & Girls clubs, or rec teams did you play for growing up? I played middle school at Alice Deal Middle School and elementary at Shepherd Elementary, St. John’s College High School , Team Takeover Orange, Maryland Playmakers & 6th Man Warriors.
 
3. You had an incredible shooting & breakout performance during the 2017 BSN summer league playoffs - walk us through your shooting workouts & routine? I go to the gym or a nearby basketball court frequently and the first thing that I do is stretch and work on my shooting form. I start out close to the rim and I steadily move further away from the rim. When I am at my school gym, I use this shooting machine called “The Gun” and it shoots basketballs back to you so that you can continuosly get shots up.
 
4. When given the opportunity how did you personally feel while you were performing at such a high level? My confidence has risen a lot throughout this summer and my teammates, coaches, family and friends have encouraged me to keep my work up. I felt really good but I knew not to get too cocky and to stay humble while continuing to shine.
 
5. What are your team & personal goals for the remainder of the summer & your upcoming Jr. season? My goal is to keep working on my game throughout the remainder of the summer and AAU season and to get some college looks. My teams goal is to keep getting better as a team and family so that when the regular season starts, we are way better than other teams that are going to be coming for us.
 
6. What would you say has been your biggest adjustment playing on the varsity level? My biggest adjustment playing on the varsity level is knowing that others around are just as good as I am and that I can put all of my trust in them. Also knowing my role on the team and not just being a player who goes out there to make plays is another thing varsity has changed. The competition on the varsity level and in the WCAC conference itself is way higher than JV.
 
7. What were you thoughts when you were first told of the head coaching change? When I first heard that Coach Mac was leaving I was very angry at him and sad. I realized that he left for a good reason and I had a lot of respect for his decision but I was still sad. I felt like we had a lot of good stuff coming for us but at the end of the day this is a business. From when I first met Coach Mac to this day, I still have nothing but love and respect for him and I hope he is successful down at IMG. But now that Coach Pat Behan is our coach, I still feel as if we are on the same roll as we would be if Coach Mac was here and we will still get things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment