Thursday, July 6, 2017

DEMATHA ALUM REGGIE GARDNER - EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

DEMATHA ALUM
 REGGIE GARDNER
EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW
ALL-MET ELITE
 
REGGIE GARDNER
DEMATHA HS. ALUM
HYATTSVILLE MD.
 
 
1. What made you select NC Central an HBCU to further your education & athletic experience? On my official visit I felt comfortable with the coaching staff and I felt that I was I wanted here. The fact that it was HBCU was not a factor in my decision but it is a great experience to attend a HBCU
 
2. What was it about Coach Moton that you connected with as your future head coach. Coach Moton puts a lot of emphasis on guards and I felt as if I could thrive in the system.
 
3. You completed a post graduate year, what was the thought process behind that decision & how do you believe it prepared you for your upcoming freshmen year? My post grad year at Loomis Chaffee was a great experience for me and I learned a lot. Coming out of DeMatha I had some opportunities that I could have pursued but I felt I would make a better decision with an extra year.
 
4.You entered DeMatha the same year as NBA #1 draft pick Markelle Fultz & saw his ascension from the freshmen team to becoming a McDonald's All American - what was it like from a player/teammate perspective to see him develop in those 4 years? Kelle and I became close friends our junior year and we've been like brothers ever since. He really worked at it and it's no surprise on what you see him do out there. He's a gym rat and really works at his craft. He was a great teammate and very unselfish.
 
5. What are you working on this summer to prepare for your upcoming freshmen season at NC Central? I'm working on both my conditioning and getting stronger. I think those two things will help elevate my game.
 
6. What are your personal & team goals for the upcoming season? My personal goals are to be the best player I can be every day and I think that can lead to a lot of individual success. Team goals are to go to the NCCA tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment