Thursday, July 6, 2017

SPRINGBROOK HS. MATT BALANC - EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

SPRINGBROOK HS.
MATT BALANC 
 EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW 
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
SPRINGBROOK HS.
SILVER SPRING MD.
 
 
 
1. Age, Height, Weight? 17, 6,3, 185.
 
2. What Schools, AAU, Boys & Girls clubs, rec teams did you play for growing up? I played for Force 1, DC Phenoms and now for Mid Atlantic Select AAU, which combined to become Baltimore United previously on the UAA circuit last year. I also have been playing varsity basketball for Springbrook high school since my freshmen year
 
3. What schools have offered you or have interest in you? I've been offered by Bryant University and St. Thomas Aquinas and there are several D1 schools still recruiting me.
 
4. What do you believe is the biggest misconception about both teams & players in the Montgomery County public school league? I believe that Montgomery county players get over looked like myself and they should get more exposure.
 
5. What are you working on this summer to improve your game? I'm working on my shot, defense, and making my dribbling a lot tighter and lower .
 
6. What are your thoughts on shoe circuit AAU teams or high profile private high schools being viewed as a necessity for college exposure? I mean there are a lot of really good players that don't play on the circuit or in a private school and I think that usually that's the first thing college coaches go to is high level AAU and high school teams. There should be more spotlight put on the players that are over looked due to the level of their AAU or high school team.
 
7. What are your personal & team goals for this summer & senior year? My goals for the summer are to pick up D1 offers. My personal goal for the season is to become a Ballislife All American, McDonald's All American or a Jordan Brand All American. Those might seem very unrealistic but it's never bad to set your goals high. I would also like to be first team All Met in Maryland. As for the Springbrook team it's been the same goal every year, I want to go undefeated and win a state championship
 
8. Have you ever honestly considered transferring & if so what is it about Springbrook that has made it the best choice for you? I have considered transferring before but I never did due to the way I've been playing at SB. If you are good the college coaches will come to you no matter where you play.
 
9. Favorite NBA player, college player & HS. player other than yourself? My favorite NBA player is Russell Westbrook because I think I play somewhat like him. My favorite college/ HS player is Collin sexton. They both just have that killer mentality and play the game with so much passion that it's just amazing to watch.
 
10. As a senior what type of college program, coach, system & school do you believe will be the perfect fit for you? A program that will allow me to come in and be able to help the team out or make an impact right away as a freshmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment