Monday, July 10, 2017

EPISCOPAL HS. XAVIER JOHNSON - EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

EPISCOPAL HS.
XAVIER JOHNSON 
 EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW
ALL-MET ELITE
 
EPISCOPAL HS.
ALEXANDRIA VA.
 
1. Your freshmen year you had a chance to learn from both All-IAC players guards Nick Reed & George Mawanda-Kalema your sophomore season you played major minutes along side George what have you learned from both of them & how has it helped your development for your upcoming Jr. season? First things that I've learned from them is leadership. They were older and it was my first high school season, so i didnt know what to expect but I had my coaches and especially those two guys to learn from. Also, they have helped me be more aggressive on both offense and defense. Also, I think they've showed me how to lead and specifically what it takes to be a leader.
 
2. What schools have interest or have offered you so far? I dont have any offers but the schools that have interest are Richmond, University of Charleston, Rice, Elon, UPenn, Columbia, George Mason, GW, Holy Cross, NJIT, and Mount St. Mary's. 
 
3. You play for Team BBC along with the # 1 point guard in the country Immanuel Quickley what is it like to compete against him in practice & how has it helped you to expand your game? First off Ive learned leadership and how to communicate as a point guard because im mostly quiet and dont say much but in order to be a good point guard I have to talk more. I think me and him are similar in some areas because we are both pass first guards but he is capable of doing everything well. Also when its time to go score he can do that also. Playing against him in practice is a good experience because by going at each other every practice we make each other better. I think that has helped me to just go at guys no matter what because Im already playing against the best point guard in the country, so it really shouldn't matter who else I play against.
 
4. What are you working on this summer to improve your game? I am always working on strength and getting stronger. My mental toughness when things arent going right. Also being more aggressive om both sides of the floor.
 
5. Many high school players do not board in high school can you describe that experience & your freshmen year adjustment to boarding? Freshmen year I was a little nervous going in but after the first week I was comfortable. I really enjoyed the people at the school, so I had nothing to complain about. Also, it helped mature me because I had to learn to be more independent and manage my own time according to my schedule without my parents holding my hand.
 
6. What are your personal & team goals for the summer & upcoming hs. season? My team goals are just to win more than anything and make my teammates better doing it. Personally I would like to become a leader and keep working to become one of the best point guards and be a better two-way player.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment