Tuesday, July 4, 2017

HOWARD UNIVERSITY'S - CJ WILLIAMS - EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

HOWARD UNIVERSITY'S
CJ WILLIAMS
 EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW
ALL-MET ELITE
 
MILLWOOD SCHOOL
MIDLOTHIAN VA.
 
1.Why did you choose an HBCU - Howard University to continue your academic & athletic experience? I chose Howard because of the family oriented environment and how much I realized the coach really wanted me here I love the HBCU experience because I've been around it my whole life I felt comfortable here.
 
2. What has your HBCU experience as a student/athlete been like so far and why would you recommend it for other players? My experience so far has been exceptional the people are sincere and honest with you about everything I would recommend it for other players because of how exciting the atmosphere is for players at games.
 
3. You were the MEAC ROTY - what were your personal expectations before starting your freshmen season & what was the biggest adjustment you faced your first year playing D1 college basketball. My expectations coming into the year was to learn from the older players be the best 6th man but with all the injuries we had I was placed in the starting line my biggest adjustment was getting used to the speed and physicality of the game but it became easier to flow with as the year went on and my confidence grew.
 
4. What are you working on this summer to improve your game? This summer I'm looking to improve my strength and ball handling for next year also I want to become a better leader for my teammates.
 
5. What are your personal & team goals for Howard this upcoming season. Personally I want to be the MEAC Player of the Year and reach the 1,000 point mark as a sophomore like my former teammate James Daniel once did. As a team I want to make it to the NCAA tournament and reach at least 15 wins.
 
6. What did it feel like to win MEAC ROTY after all the hard work you put in? To win ROTY was just more motivation to keep working after that happened I really realized that I can really make a career out of basketball if I keep my mind on the right things. It was great to win that award after a long season of ups and downs my coach brought me in because he knew what I could do and he told me I had the potential to be ROTY and I backed up his word.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment