Tuesday, October 29, 2019

ALL-MET EXCLUSIVE PRESEASON INTERVIEW ELEANOR ROOSEVELT 2020 F QUINTON MINCEY

ALL-MET ELITE
PRESEASON INTERVIEW
ELEANOR ROOSEVELT 
2020 F
QUINTON MINCEY

ELEANOR ROOSEVELT HS
GREENBELT MD

Age, height, weight? 17 years old, 6’6, 187lbs
 
What team or player are you most looking forward to playing against this season & why? I’m looking forward to playing everyone we have on the schedule. A lot of people think that since our seniors from last year graduated that the we fell off the map. Also a lot of teams are out for revenge so I’m excited to play everybody.

What are your team & individual goals this season? The team goal is of course to win a county championship, win the region, and be the first team in Roosevelt history to 2peat. My individual goals are to be the 4A POY and to be on one of the All-Met teams.
 
ER is coming off a championship season in which they graduated alot of talent - how did you prepare yourself to become one of the standout players on this seasons team? I just work hard on the court as well as in  the classroom. I feel like I’ve put a lot of work into my game over the summer and just try to keep my confidence high. I also try to be a guy that players on my team can come to about anything and just someone who my teammates feel comfortable around.
 
Describe your high school teams style of play? My high school style of play is a run n gun team. We like to beat teams up the floor and wear them down the whole game. Also we are a physical team who likes to get in the paint and make plays.
 
What was one thing you learned about yourself as a player this past spring/summer playing AAU? One thing I learned about myself is that i can play in any system. It doesn’t matter what offense a team runs i can fit in because I’m a player that can do many things other than scoring the ball.
 
If you could play any 1 HS player in the DC area 1-on-1 that you've never played before who would it be & why? I don’t really have anyone in mind that I would play one on one. There’s a lot of great players in the DMV. I would like to play a lot of them one on one. Those would be a lot of great games.
 
You recently committed to Mount Saint Mary's what was it specifically about that program that made you believe you wanted to spend the next 4 years there as a student/athlete? The Mount staff was very consistent in my recruiting. They tracked my progress over the years and were very interested in my growth. The coaches just wanted to see me get better and continue to work hard. The coaches genuinely care about me as a person first instead of a basketball player. I have a great relationship with all the coaches and that’s important to me. Also they have a great business program and that’s something I wanted to do after basketball.
 
Describe the competition & talent in your conference? 4A has a lot of unseen talent. There’s some really great basketball players in 4A that go unnoticed every year for different reasons. But you have to play your best basketball every night when playing in 4A. Every team is at your throat from the jump.
What do you believe is the most underappreciated part of your game? The most unappreciated part of my game is my passing. I’m a really great passer, a lot of people don’t really take notice in that. But my playmaking ability is really great. That’s something that I’m trying to showcase this season.

What special shoe will you be wearing this season? This year I’m really trying to rock the new KD's. I’m tryna get different color ways for them. But that gotta be one of my favorite shoes right now.
 
Is there any meaning behind your jersey number? history going. I wore #13 last year but I’m wearing #3 this year. A lot of history is in the #3 at Roosevelt. I’m hoping that I can be the next person to fulfill that spot and keep the history going.

No comments:

Post a Comment