Thursday, October 31, 2019

ALL-MET ELITE EXCLUSIVE PRESEASON INTERVIEW OSBOURN PARK 2020 PG ETHAN WILSON

ALL-MET ELITE
PRESEASON INTERVIEW
OSBOURN PARK 2020 PG
ETHAN WILSON
 
OSBOURN PARK HS
MANASSAS VA 

 
Age, height, weight? 17 years old, 6'0, 150lbs
 
What did you work on this summer to improve your game? This summer I worked on becoming more of a point guard. Perfecting my passing skills, on-ball defense and extending my range were the three main things I focused on. I've been strengthening and conditioning my body all summer to prepare for this upcoming season.
 
What team or player are you most looking forward to playing against this season & why? I'm looking forward to playing all the teams in our conference. There's not really one team or individual in particular that I can pick out. There's been a lot of talk about our school in our conference and I look forward to playing the other schools to prove a point and make a statement.
 
What are your team & individual goals this season? My team goals are to win the district championship as well as the regional championship to make it to states. I believe we have the roster this year in order to do so. I've set the standard for my personal goals pretty high this year. My goals are to be 1st team All-Conference in the District and Region along as POY in the District and Region as well. I'd also like to be 1st Team All-State as well as 1st Team All-Met. I know I have the capabilities to accomplish all of these goals for myself as well as my team.
Describe your high school teams style of play? My high school teams style of play is a very fast type. We like to pressure the ball and force the other team to turn it over and get easy buckets in transition. With lots of quick guards that can shoot and two dominate bigs we can also play in the half court and slow in down when needed.
 
What was one thing you learned about yourself as a player this past spring/summer playing AAU?Something I learned about myself this past spring and summer with Higher Level is that the sky is the limit for me and I can do everything on the court offensively and defensively. Coach Darius really pushed me towards becoming more of an all around player rather than just a scorer and ever since then my game has been reaching different levels every week.
 
If you could play any 1 HS player in the DC area 1-on-1 that you've never played before who would it be & why? I would probably want to play Jeremy Roach. Right now he's the #1 ranked PG in VA and he is a great player. I'd love to have the opportunity to play against him for sure. I love playing against competition and those ranked above me so if anyone it would definitely be him.
 
What are you looking for in a college program?
I am looking for a program that will allow me to showcase my skills as a point guard and leader. Overall I am looking for the best fit for my game and a coach that truly believes in me as a player. I want a team/coach that pushes me to be the best player I can with the same mindset I have as a
competitor.


Describe the competition & talent in your conference? The competition in our conference is usually pretty good. Recently we've had 3 top players leave from Stonewall, Battlefield, and Patriot so the competition level kind of dropped. Overall there's still lots of talented players in other schools and hidden gems that are waiting to have their breakout year this season so I'm looking forward to seeing how it is this year.

 
What do you believe is the most underappreciated part of your game? I believe the most underappreciated part of my game is my passing/play-making ability. I believe I can make plays for anyone you place on the same team as me and get anyone an open shot/find the open man at all times.

Who is your favorite, NBA, college & HS player? My favorite player right now is Collin Sexton on the Cavaliers. He is my favorite player because of his mindset and approach to the game as well as his style of play.

What schools have shown interest or have offered you? I currently hold offers from Wilmington University and Georgian Court University. I have been receiving interest from Division 1 schools such as NC A&T, Maryland Eastern Shore, and William & Mary. I've also received interest from the D2, D3, and NAIA levels along with a few JUCO programs.
 
How would you describe basketball in Prince Williams county? The basketball in Prince William County is definitely overlooked in my opinion. There is lots of talent here and players with chips on their shoulder. It's a place of many overlooked players that can compete with the best of the best.
 
What special shoe will you be wearing this season? This year I will be wearing different colorways for the Kyrie 5's. I should have at least 3 different colorways for my last season (Pink, White, & Yellow or Blue).
 
Most influential person in your basketball life? The most influential person in my basketball life is my Grandma. Although she passed she is the reason why I keep pushing and never give up when adversity hits. Every decision I make when it comes to basketball is for her and my well-doing. She meant a lot to me and I know she's proud of me.
 
Finish this sentence about basketball 
 - in 5 years I will be ---------- In 5 years I will be a top college basketball player in the nation.
 
Is there any meaning behind your jersey number? I wear the number 1 because every time I step on the court I believe I'm the best player on it. I always feel like I'm the number one player and that will always be my mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment