Tuesday, October 22, 2019

ALL-MET ELITE EXCLUSIVE PRESEASON INTERVIEW WILSON 2022 G/F DARREN BUCHANAN JR.

ALL-MET ELITE
PRESEASON INTERVIEW
WILSON 2022 G/F
DARREN BUCHANAN Jr.

Woodrow Wilson HS.
NW Washington D.C.
 
 
1. Age, height, weight? 15, 6’6, 205lbs

2. What did you work on this summer to improve your game? This summer I worked on every asset of my game, but I mainly worked on my handle, my jump-shot which I believe got a lot better and my defense.

3. What team or player are you most looking forward to playing against this season & why? I don’t think it’s a particular team or player I’m looking forward to playing because everyone is going to bring their best game.

4. What are your team & individual goals this season? My team goals are to go undefeated in league play to compete for another DCIAA championship and a state championship, I don’t really have any individual goals really, I just want to win.
 
5. Describe your high school teams style of play? My high school team style of play is very fast, get out and run but we thrive on defense, no defense no playing time.
 
6. What was one thing you learned about yourself as a player this past spring/summer playing AAU?
One thing I learned about myself this summer/spring is that I’m not going to back down from no one and I’m willing to compete against whoever.

7. If you could play any 1 HS player in the DC area 1-on-1 that you've never played before who would it be & why? If I could play any player 1 on 1 in the DC area I would play Earl Timberlake because I know you going have to play your best game against him and he going to go at me.

8. Describe the competition & talent in your conference? The competition is very good in the league, I feel like the talent is slept on. There are some very good players in the league that get no recognition.

9. What do you believe is the most underappreciated part of your game? I believe the most unappreciated part of my game is my ability to shoot the ball.

10. Who is your favorite, NBA, college & HS player? My favorite NBA player is LeBron James, My favorite college player is Anthony Edwards and my favorite high school player is Darren Buchanan Jr.

11. Wilson has been a powerhouse program in the DC area the past few years how have your prepared yourself to carry the torch & keep the program at the top? I just been in the gym improving, this year I got some big shoes to fill and I feel like with the work I put in I’m ready to carry the torch.

12. What special shoe will you be wearing this season? I have some custom shoes getting made in honor of all my brothers I have lost and my grandma.

13. Most influential person in your basketball life? The most influential person in my basketball life is my dad he’s really helped me get where I am today.

14. Finish this sentence about basketball 
 - in 5 years I will be ---------- In 5 years I will be a D1 athlete pursing my academic career.

15. Is there a special meaning behind your jersey number? The meaning behind number 2 for me is that one of my brothers that I lost wore that number so I just want to honor him.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment