Thursday, October 17, 2019

ALL-MET ELITE EXCLUSIVE PRESEASON INTERVIEW TAKOMA ACADEMY 2020 G/F TYRAE WASHINGTON

ALL-MET ELITE
PRESEASON INTERVIEW
TAKOMA ACADEMY 2020 G/F
 TYRAE WASHINGTON
 
TAKOMA ACADEMY
Takoma Park MD
 
Age, height, weight? 18, 6,6 1/2, 190 lbs.

What did you work on this summer to improve your game? Ball handling, jumpshot, creating separation, conditioning, and developing a stronger core.

What team or player are you most looking forward to playing against this season & why? Jakai Robinson NCA. He’s my former teammate of 2 years at NCA. He’s ranked #1 in his class. I also want to beat Coach Brown and show him how much I’ve improved.

What are your team & individual goals this season? Team goals are to win as many games as possible, against as many top tier teams as possible being as though we play a national schedule. My individual goal are to earn a scholarship and make first team All-Met.

You have transferred back to the DC area - what are your expectations of the competition you will face here? I believed I faced better competition at Macduffie being as though it was prep-school and we played against some of the best prep schools in the Northeast. But I respect all my competitors. These kids down here play hard. DC is a proven ground for top basketball talent. We are respected as a basketball city. If I can make a name for myself here, I’d be respected everywhere.

What was the thought process behind your transfer to Takoma Academy this year? I have a relationship with the head coach, (Coach Credle) and a player Mike Brown - same AAU team Mid Atlantic Select. Coach Credle used to watch me train with Shackleford at Friendship Tech for years. We always had a connection and when the opportunity came about to play for him, I thought it would be a good fit being as though he already knows my game.

What schools have shown interest or have offered you? No offers yet but interest from:
Howard, Radford, UMBC, LaSalle, Mount Saint Mary’s, Jacksonville St, Wichita St, Maryland & Indiana. Some very interested, some a little interested. I may have forgotten a few schools.

How would you describe your style of play? I’m a rebounder, a defender, an athlete that’s still learning to become more of a scorer. I take pride in defending all 5 positions. I’ve made major strides at becoming more of a scorer. But I still need to improve my ball handling and shot making. I am hoping to average 25 & 15 this season.

What do you predict will be your role on the team this season? I will be featured as the #1 player. I will be a leader for the first time and will be depended on to lead my team to victories.

What was one thing you learned about yourself as a player this past spring/summer playing AAU? That I won’t back down from a player no matter how big or how highly regarded that player is. That I will do what it takes to compete even if we’re considered the underdog. That I can play at a high level regardless of who’s watching.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment