Tuesday, June 25, 2019

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW RICHARD MONTGOMERY 2021 CG RYAN CORNISH

ALL-MET ELITE
INTERVIEW
 RICHARD MONTGOMERY
2021 CG
RYAN CORNISH
 
RICHARD MONTGOMERY HS.
ROCKVILLE MD.
 
1. Age, height, weight?
16, 6’3, 150
 

2. What are you working on this summer to improve your game for your upcoming Jr. year?
I am looking to improve my strength mainly but also my defense and my leadership.
 
3. How would you describe Montgomery County basketball? What is the biggest misconception about basketball in Montgomery county?
Moco basketball is pretty underrated I feel like we have great players and great competition including great coaches.
 
4.What schools, boys & girls clubs, rec, & AAU teams did you play for growing up?
I’ve really just played AAU all my life I’ve played for a few different teams but now I am with the District Basketball Club which is a great developing organization.
 
5. Your HS was not able to participate in the recent DMV Live Period exposure event at DeMatha - what were your thoughts on that & you were seen at a few of the live period games - are you more of a student of the game or a fan of the game? It made me pretty upset that my school was not able to participate in the DMV Live event because there is clearly less opportunity for those at public schools even though we are a strong team that would definitely compete with plenty of those schools in the live event. I'm definitely a student of the game because I love to watch but I learn from others as well.
 
6. You have recently received your 1st official D1 offer - what did that mean to you personally?
Personally my first division one offer meant a lot to me because it gave me confidence showing that I am up there on the board. I will use this as fuel and something that will help me play better moving forward.
 
7. You play for the District Basketball Club - how helpful have they been in helping you to improve/develop & also providing you exposure?
The district Basketball Club is a great organization that has helped me practice and compete every time i am in the gym at a high level to prepare me for college and high school. They specifically helped my defense tremendously which is the most important in playing college basketball in my opinion. They also provide me with lots of exposure and help me play in front of college coaches as well as my teammates
 
8. You have been called the Red Rocket (LOL) is that a nickname you embrace & when did it start?
Yeah LoL my trainer Coach Darren first started to call me the Red Rocket and I guess it stuck with me as I progressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment