Wednesday, March 27, 2019

DEFYING THE ODDS - St. JOHNS HS. SHARP SHOOTING 2019 GUARD DEVON DUNN - ALL-MET ELITE

DEFYING THE ODDS 
 ST. JOHNS HS. SHARP SHOOTING 2019 GUARD
 DEVON DUNN
ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW
 
ST. JOHNS HS.
NW WASHINGTON D.C.
 
St. Johns 2019 guard Devon Dunn a signee of Farleigh Dickinson University worked extremely hard during his high school career which has allowed him to defy the odds as he will play Division 1 college basketball. Only 1.0% of roughly 500K high school boys basketball players will play Division 1 basketball. Farleigh Dickinson won the 2018/19 NEC Championship & advanced to the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament.
 
1. How many games did you start at St. Johns?
Unfortunately I only started 1 game and that was Senior night. I believe that starting spot should’ve been mine but that’s wasn’t how things went.
 
2. You played both freshmen & JV at St. Johns?
I played freshmen as a frosh and both JV & varsity my sophomore year.
 
3. Your AAU teams didn't' play sneaker circuit events how would you describe the recruiting exposure you received while playing AAU?
After my sophomore year, the TTO team I played for was not on the circuit but we did go to lots of Hoop Group tournaments and other big tournaments. I gained some exposure that year & started getting contacted by a couple local D1 schools. This past summer I played for the non circuit DC Premier team and that's where I gained most of my exposure. Great coach and great team. Going into my last AAU season I had no offers and after the first 2 of tournaments I got my first offer from Goldey Beacom and ever since, I noticed more D1 and D2 schools started recruiting me. So I would say this past summer was my biggest recruitment pickup.
 
4. What are you doing to prepare yourself for college basketball this spring/summer?
 I’m preparing myself for FDU with a lot of weight lifting and conditioning. I feel like I’m well fit compared to others and can use that as an advantage. Also I’m working on little things that would be impactful at the college level like 1 on 1 stuff, being more of a combo guard, getting quicker and a more smoother shot off of the dribble as well as my jump shot alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment