Monday, October 1, 2018

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW: ST. VINCENT PALLOTTI HS. 2020 GUARD JOEMEL McNAIR

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW
ST. VINCENT PALLOTTI HS.
2020 GUARD
 JOEMEL McNAIR

St. Vincent Pallotti HS.

1. Age, Height, Weight?
I am 16 years old, 6’2 and I weigh 172 lbs.

2. What were some of your top moments this summer both playing summer league & AAU? 
One during AAU would be my game against SportsU where I and my team were able to perform very well and come out on top. For summer league it would have to be my 28 point game against W.T Woodson.

3. What did you work on this summer to improve your game?
I continually work on my jump shot, shots on the move, off the dribble and I also work on my ball handling a lot.

4. How would you describe your game?
I would describe my game as very solid, I score on all three levels, I try to make the right plays with passes and defense, I also pass the ball very well, and I have a very high IQ on the court.

5. What are your team & individual high school season goals? 
It’s always to win the championship, we want to come out on top of our tough MIAA conference.

6. What schools have shown you interest or have offered you so far? 
I currently have no offers, I hope to be able to gain some this season, right now my highest interest is Columbia and Lamar University.

7. What do you believe is the most overlooked aspect of your game? 
My IQ and my ability to post up, most people, look at my perimeter game, finishing & scoring, but I was taught to post up by my dad a while ago and I have expanded from it. I always make the right pass or jump the passing lane to benefit my team, so those are the two parts I feel can be overlooked sometimes.

8. When you receive feedback from coaches what are some of the things they would like to see you improve upon? 
For me to be a little more aggressive, and take more of my open shots, also sometimes that I leak out a little too early, I should make sure rebounds are secure, or try to get in there a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment