Thursday, October 4, 2018

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW: FORMER CAPITAL CHRISTIAN GUARD JUDAH JORDAN

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW
 FORMER 
CAPITAL CHRISTIAN
COMBO GUARD 
JUDAH JORDAN
DISCUSSES 
HIS
WEBER STATE 
COMMITMENT

1. Being from the DC area what was the thought process behind your transfer to Scotland Campus Sports (PA) for your senior season?
I'm actually from Columbia MD. kind of in the middle of DC and Baltimore & I grew up in Baltimore County but I just thought it would be a great place to really grow my game and IQ before college. I have always been the man but I wanted to be somewhere where everyone is good and it's a grind each and every day. The coach at Scotland Campus has coached over 150 pros and I just wanted to be apart of the culture.

2. What did you work on this summer to improve your game?
Mostly this summer I worked on my strength. Every morning, I would go to my training facility and lift, push sleds etc. so that I could take my game to another level. It really helped with the way I move and defend and also the way I explode to the basket and take contact.

3. As an "East coast" kid you recently committed to Weber State which is located in Utah - what was it about Weber State that made you believe it was the best university & program for you?
The thing that made me believe in the program was the history with getting guys to the pros and the love that the coaches showed me. They were really genuine and they kept every thing straight up. The guys there were great and made me feel like family. The transfer rate was also very low for players and the coach also has a 7 year contract so he will be there for me through my college career. Their skill development program is one of the best in the nation and they promised to put everything in me to get me to the NBA. They also told me they would hold me to a higher standard knowing the level I can get too.

4. Weber State is famously known for producing NBA All-Star Damian Lillard - who kinda flew under the radar as a high school recruit but was able to develop into an NBA prospect at Weber State do you see any similarities?
Yes I do see a similarity to Damian Lillard. I was more recruited than he was but throughout this AAU process it's been so many people who overlooked me especially in the city I grew up in which is the reason Jordan Brooks formerly of Team St8ment & current (Howard University assistant coach) exposed me to DC competition. One of the things that separates me is my work ethic and I know If Damian Lillard could outwork everyone, I can too and that's a big thing I'm learning at Scotland Campus now.

No comments:

Post a Comment