Friday, October 6, 2017

NEWLY APPOINTED HOWARD UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT COACH JORDAN BROOKS - ALL-MET ELITE

NEWLY APPOINTED
 HOWARD UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT COACH
JORDAN BROOKS 
TWITTER INTERVIEW
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
HOWARD UNIVERSITY
NW WASHINGTON D.C.
 
 
1.Can you introduce yourself & detail your coaching background? My name is Jordan Brooks I am from the Washington DC Metropolitan Area. I grew up playing at CH Flowers HS with Coach George McClure and played with the DC Assault AAU Basketball program. Coached by David Cox (Rhode Island) and Coach Mike Pegues (Xavier) and Coach Butch Cherry. I played basketball and graduated from Hampton University in 2011 and decided to further my education in 2012 gaining a Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in Marketing Management. Upon graduating and gaining my MBA, I started my coaching career with the DC Assault program. Learning under Curtis Malone and Zach Subert. As time went on, I spent a year coaching as an assistant to Keith Stevens with Team Takeover. Over the last two years I started my own AAU program called Team St8ment based out of Washington DC, which competed on the Adidas Uprising Circuit. We did really well competing at the highest level finishing in the Final Four of the Adidas Gauntlet Finale this past spring and summer. After the summer ended this year, I was offered a position to come on staff as an Assistant Coach and Recruiting Coordinator at Howard University.
 
2. HU is an historic HBCU did that factor into your decision to apply & accept the position? Howard University is a very historic and prestigious university. That played a major role in why I chose to apply and accept the position. Growing up in the Washington DC metropolitan area I thought this opportunity was a no brainer. Given the opportunity to learn under my former Coach Kevin Nickleberry played a huge role as well. I know how much I learned under him as a player, but to come into the business and to learn under him as a coach I couldn't pass that up with the knowledge he has for the game.
 
3.What are your team goals & also your personal professional goals for this upcoming season at HU? My team goal is to win the MEAC and go to the NCAA tournament. My personal goals are to learn as much as I can about coaching the X's and O's under Coach Nickleberry, learn more about the college basketball business, continue to build my network and most importantly recruit the top talent into Howard University to help continue to build the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment