Sunday, August 13, 2017

RIVERDALE BAPTIST PG DONOVANN TOATLEY DISCUSSES HIS COMMITMENT TO THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE at CHATTANOOGA

RIVERDALE BAPTIST
POINT GUARD
 DONOVANN TOATLEY
DISCUSSES HIS COMMITMENT
TO THE
 UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE
at
CHATTANOOGA
 
RIVERDALE BAPTIST HS.
UPPER MARLBOR MD.
 
1. You had offers from Richmond, Robert Morris, Jacksonville State, & Wagner what was it about the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga when you visited that made you want to join their student body & basketball program? Mainly it was Coach Paris and the coaching staff that really impressed me. They were really down to earth guys to were I could tell that they were real to their word. Most importantly I liked them as people aside from coaching. Also the campus was amazing and had everything I needed and wanted.
 
2. How did Coach Lamont Paris & his staff recruit you that made you ultimately decide you want to play for a coach who will be in his second year & taking the program in a new direction when you arrive? I wanted to be a part of a new legacy. I'm the first commit under their new coaching staff and that means something. Everyone is new and it will be a new experience for everybody. However the biggest reason was that I could tell I was a priority and necessity to their plan for the next couple of years.
 
3.You had one offer going into the summer & in our previous interview you spoke of increasing you offers by working/playing even harder- what did you do this summer that helped you accomplish your goal? To get more offers I simply started believing in myself and that everything would workout in my favor. It was never I wasn't good enough, but the belief in myself started to deteriorate over time because I didn't feel like I was getting what I deserved. But then I started to believe and the power of the mind is crazy thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment