Thursday, August 3, 2017

BISHOP O'CONNELL'S FRESHMEN GUARD WES PETERSON IS READY TO TAKE ON THE WCAC - ALL-MET ELITE

BISHOP O'CONNELL
FRESHMEN GUARD
WES PETERSON
IS
READY TO TAKE
ON
THE WCAC 
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
BISHOP O'CONNELL HS.
ARLINGTON VA.
 
 
 1. Hometown, Height, Weight? Alexandria, VA, Height: 6’4, Weight:155.
 
2. What was your thought process behind selecting Bishop O'Connell to begin you academic/athletic Hs. experience? My thought process in choosing Bishop O’Connell began with the academics and the school environment. I already knew their basketball program was top notch and would give me opportunities to continue to grow. I just needed a place where I could thrive in the classroom.
 
3. What are you working on this summer to prepare you to play in the WCAC the top Hs. basketball conference in the country as a freshmen? This summer I'm working on my jump shot for consistency and preparing myself mentally for the upcoming season. To prepare for the WCAC I've been working everyday on my body so that I can meet the physical demands of playing in the WCAC. I have been working on getting stronger and getting well conditioned for the physical and fast paced high school game.
 
4. What are your personal & team goals for the
remainder of the summer & your freshmen year? My personal goals for my freshman year are to become a better two way player. My team goals for the summer are to get to know my teammates on a more personal level so that we can begin developing chemistry on the court and become someone my teammates can depend on. My team goals for this year are to win the WCAC and State championship.
 
5. How would you describe your games - what are your strengths & what are the areas you believe you need to improve upon? I would describe my game as a all-around player. My strengths are my scoring, I.Q, and defensive abilities. I can improve on my shooting consistency and working on my quickness.
 
6. What schools, AAU, boys & girls clubs & rec teams did you play for growing up? Growing up, I played rec ball in the Fairfax County Basketball League since I was in 4th grade for Lee Mt. Vernon Sports Club. During AAU season, I have played with DC Thunder, DC Premier and currently with Team Takeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment