Thursday, June 29, 2017

MARET SUPER SOPH ALEXANDER WILLIAMS EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTEVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

MARET
 SUPER SOPH
ALEXANDER WILLIAMS
EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTEVIEW
ALL-MET ELITE
 
MARET SCHOOL
N.W. WASHINGTON D.C.
 
1. During your freshmen year at Maret your team went to the DC state final game - what were your basketball expectations coming in as a freshmen for yourself & your team? As the only freshman playing on the varsity team at the Maret School, I had very high expectations. Coach Driesell really put together a very strong team and I knew we would be able to compete at a national level. With several returning starters on the team, I had the opportunity to learn from their experience. The biggest thing I leaned was the emphasis on playing both sides of the court. Scoring normally comes easy for me, but I had to learn to play more physical on the defensive side. I also had to adjust to the speed of the game, especially the guard play. Looking back, I think I had a successful season and am looking forward to my sophomore year.
 
2. What are you working on this summer to improve your game for your sophomore season? This summer I am really focusing on speed, strength and agility. I am starting to play above the rim and have already put on 7 pounds. In addition, I have been training with coach Tyler Hubbard on my ball handling and offensive footwork. I plan on making major contributions this year on both sides of the court.
 
 3. What AAU tournaments or exposure camps have you attended or will you attend this summer? Zero Gravity Adidas, Classic Adidas Prospect Series (Texas), Adidas Prospect Series (Georgia), HoopGroup Southern Jam, Adidas Invitational (Indianapolis), HoopGroup Summer Jam, Adidas Fab 48, Columbia University Elite Camp.
 
 4. How would you describe your game? Standing at 6’1” and weighing 165 lbs, I am an athletic point guard with great court vision. I can attack the basket with either hand and am known as one of the best shooters in the region. I can also play the shooting guard position where I have the ability stretch the defense with my shooting range, and get out on the break for easy buckets.
 
5. What schools, AAU, boys & girls clubs & rec teams did you play for growing up? Urbana Middle School ,Washington Christian Academy, Maret School, MD Playmakers, D1 Elite, Team Thrill, 6th Man Warriors.
 
6. What are your personal & team goals for your sophomore season? This year my personal goal is to become one of the top 15 guards in the DMV in scoring & assists and continue to grow on the defensive side of the court. I also want to become a better facilitator and become a trusted leader on the court. This will help us achieve our team goals of winning both the conference and city championship.
 
7. At Maret you were able to play with first team All-Met Sr. Luka Garza what did you learn from  observing him in practice, workouts & games? Luka Garza is a really special player. Though he is a dominant 6’11’ offensive force, what I learned most from him was leadership. All throughout the season, Luka set a great example of how to play with passion, communicate on the court and bring positive energy to the team.
 
8. What schools have interest or have offered you so far? So far I have interest from Elon College, Geroge Mason and James Madison University.
 
9. Maret is a great private academic institution what other schools did you consider along with Maret and ultimately what made you decide to choose Maret for HS. I was considering other schools such as Goretti, Glenelg Country, and Sandy Spring Friends School. I chose Maret because of the community, excellent academic program and the opportunity to play for Coach Chuck Driesell. The curriculum at Maret is rigorous, but is definitely preparing me for college and beyond.
 
10. You just completed your 9th grade season but if you could attend college and play now hypothetically what would be the ideal school, system, & coach for you to play for look like? If I could attend and play college basketball now, I would choose a school with an excellent academic program and strong winning tradition. I would love to play in a fast pace system, with great ball movement, creative offensive sets and unselfish teammates. Though I can adjust to any coaching style, I would enjoy playing for a coach that cam teach all aspects of the game, and is committed to both team and individual growth. Would love the opportunity to play for Coach K at Duke University.

No comments:

Post a Comment