Monday, April 10, 2017

RIVERDALE BAPTIST GUARD DEION HAMMOND EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

RIVERDALE BAPTIST GUARD
 DEION HAMMOND
 EXCLUSIVE TWITTER
INTERVIEW 
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
1. Age, height, weight? 17, 6'4", 198.
 
2. Riverdale won the Maryland private school championship this season what role do you believe you played in your team's success? I believe I had a major role in pushing and motivating the team as one of the captains and also as the leading scorer of the team. 
 
3. What school teams, boys & girls teams, AAU teams did you play for growing up? I started with Fort Washington Elite which is owned by my dad, which really taught me the fundamentals and knowledge of the game of basketball since the age of 8.  I also played with Big Shots Elite 15/16; DC Premier and 6th Man Warriors. I  attended Ernest Just Middle School, the Bullis School during my freshman year before heading to Riverdale Baptist.
 
4. How would you describe your game? Powerful. I can score from all areas, mid-range as well as long-range, off the dribble as well as off the rebound, I can push the ball as well as fill the lanes.
 
5. What do you believe was the turning point of your season leading to the championship? There was really no turning point, we set out on the mission of winning the state Private School Championship this year as well as the Conference.
 
6. What will you work on this spring/summer to prepare you for the college level? I've already received my workout program from the coaches at Monmouth, they are having me report there toward the end of June as well as playing summer league. My father told me I really need to work on being more aggressive scoring.
 
7. What was it about the Monmouth university program that made you decide that you wanted to continue your academic/athletic career there?  I chose Monmouth because I really connected with Coach Rice and his staff, and they really seemed genuinely interested in my career path and basketball career. They also have an outstanding Kinesiology program to assist in my studies in Sports Medicine.
 
8. What were your thoughts on the Washington Post's All-Met teams & honorable mentions for this past season? I cannot began to say how disappointed I was in that selection. For the 1st time since I've been playing basketball have I felt that my hard work went unrecognized. I have been selected to first team in all other venues as well as all top level All-star teams in which I have started and scored double digits as well. Though it doesn't define you as a player but still, it was hard to understand.
 
9. What will you miss most about the Riverdale Baptist school/basketball program? Coach Lou Wilson was totally outstanding in my overall development, I will truly miss him and his staff.
 
10.What goals have you set for yourself for next season? To ensure that all of my hard work and efforts do NOT go unrecognized again!

No comments:

Post a Comment