Wednesday, April 19, 2017

McKINLEY TECH'S WOODY NEWTON IS READY FOR THE AAU GRIND - ALL-MET ELITE

McKINLEY TECH'S
WOODY NEWTON
 IS
 READY FOR
THE
AAU GRIND
ALL-MET ELITE
 
1. Age, height, weight? 15, 6'6, 178 lbs.  
 
2. You are playing AAU for Team Thrill what made you decide to play with a Baltimore based organization this spring/summer? I decided to run with Team Thrill this spring and summer because I feel that my game will reach another level playing with them and I also have family over there and I always wanted to play under my cousin coaching.
 
3. How would you describe your game? I would describe my game as versatile, because I'm a 6,6 wing forward that can do everything on the floor and play every position on the floor.
 
4. What will you work on this spring/ summer to improve your game? This summer I will work on my strength, agility, speed, explosiveness, ball handling and shooting.
 
5. What schools have shown you interest so far and what schools have offered you? I haven't received any offers so far. But UMD and Kansas state have both reached out to my coaches and said they will be following me this spring and summer and for the rest of high school.
 
6. McKinley Tech has a long history of standout basketball players how has the current coaching staff pushed you to become the best player you can be? The coaches at Tech played a big part in the development of the player I am today, by keeping me on JV for half of my freshman season that allowed me to gain the confidence that I needed. When it came to this year they allowed me to be me on the court and what I mean by that is letting me do everything on the court and having the ball in my hands for big possessions in the game and at the end of the games. Also the endless work we put in during the mornings before and during the season. The 2 a days we had during the summer time. The coaching staff at Tech has done a lot for my game.
 
7. What is the biggest misconception about playing in the DCIAA? The biggest misconception about playing in the DCIAA is that we don't have as much talent and people also think it's a weak league.
 
8. You have already decided to do a prep year what was the thought process behind making that decision so early? The thought process was that a prep year will benefit me because I'm a year in front of where I should be. And the only thing a extra year can do is get me better and get me to the highest stage God wanted me to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment