Tuesday, November 8, 2016

ABOVE the RADAR - DONNELL FRAYER of LANDON HS. EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

ABOVE the RADAR
DONNELL FRAYER
of
LANDON HS.
 EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW 
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
LANDON HS.
BETHESDA MD.
 
 
Age: 17 Height: 6'2 Weight 165 lbs.
 
What teams have played for?  The Uncommon Bulls, Men With Vision, Dreamakers, Upper Marlboro Rec.
 
Most recent AAU team? The Uncommon Bulls.
 
What are your team goals this season? To win an IAC championship and our Christmas tournament championship.
 
What are your personal goals this season? My personal goals are to improve on the defensive end heading into college. I want to be a two way player! My other goal is to expand my offensive game.
 
What are your strengths? Shooting, court vision, getting into the lane.
 
Things you need to improve upon? I feel as though I can always give more effort on the defensive end of the ball.
 
Things you need to continue to work on? My defense and being able too penetrate on the offensive of end a little more. During the summer I have worked on expanding my shooting range, my defense, ball-handling, getting in conditioning and strength.
 
What schools have offered you so far? No school has officially offered yet, but I am hearing mainly from Loyola (MD), VMI and Lincoln Memorial. I also stay in contact with the coaches from Randolph Macon.
 
Favorite HS. player? Other than myself, I would have to say my bro Chris Lykes. He doesn't let height faze him.
 
Favorite College Player? Markelle Fultz because of how he was doubted, but still worked hard and the results payed off in a big way for him. Having worked out with him a couple times... I have seen the work he puts in. I feel as though I'm underrated right now so I just always try to keep working hard and trust in the process.
 
Favorite NBA player? Russell Westbrook because how of hard he plays every single possession. He is relentless. He was also an underrated player coming out of high school.
 
What was your greatest basketball disappointment?  Being cut from Gonzaga's varsity team as a freshman and as a sophomore. I used that as motivation to never have that feeling again. I looked at is a positive rather than a negative and I think it is the best thing that could happen to me because it has made me a better player today.
 
What has been you greatest basketball achievement so far? Helping lead the Uncommon Bulls in a great tournament run in the Las Vegas Fab 48 where we beat Belmont Shore with some of the top guys in the country. I had fun playing with the Bulls all summer.
 
What is one special thing about the Landon Basketball team: We are not the biggest team, but overall we do not back down from any opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment