Sunday, February 28, 2016

MYLES STUTE TALKS HIGH SCHOOL DECISION AND BASKETBALL - ALL-MET ELITE

MYLES STUTE
TALKS
HIGH SCHOOL DECISION
AND BASKETBALL
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
MYLES STUTE
GONZAGA HS.
CLASS of 20/20
 
After relocating in December of 2015, the only high schools I initially considered were Gonzaga and Dematha, and continued to be my only choices throughout the process. Before moving here I knew about the tradition of Gonzaga, the brotherhood within the school and the environment the school provides, it really feels like a family and I can't wait to attend Gonzaga next year. After I got to DC I learned what it's really like to play in a league like the WCAC. It's second to none the amount of competition and exposure that the league provides. I also learned more about the coaching staff and their plan for me throughout these next 4 years. What made me decide that Gonzaga is the place for me academically is the relationships that the students share with the teachers and the way that the classrooms and always feel. Not only that, but the classes are rigorous and prepare you better for success after basketball. To prepare for high school Ball, I'm getting smarter, more explosive, stronger, and more efficient in my game this off season.
 
The high school game is a lot tougher than middle school so I'm also playing a lot of 15u with Team Takeover. I'm also getting in the gym a lot with my Gonzaga teammates so we can build that chemistry that is needed for a championship team. There are a couple of my teammates that are thinking about attending Gonzaga with me so I'll be trying to convince them to come along as well, but out of respect for them I'm not going to list their name(s). I feel as a player, I'm going to bring a very strong work ethic, leadership, a lot of points, and a spark to Gonzaga. As I figure out my role with the team, I'll be more and more comfortable with what I do and be able to do it in an Abundance. I have a lot of ways to score and Coach Turner will get me in the spots I need to be in. I'm also bringing a championship mentality. I don't want to be known as a winner when I leave Gonzaga, I want to be known as a champion. Every game to me is win or go home and I thank the lord every time I step on to the floor to give it my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment