Sunday, June 28, 2020

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW WITH NC A&T FROSH COMBO GUARD MILTON MATTHEWS

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW 
WITH 
NC A&T 
FROSH 
COMBO GUARD 
MILTON MATTHEWS

1. Because of Covid-19 pretty much shutting everything down how have you been staying in shape before you leave for school? I’ve simply been staying in shape by staying consistent with the basics. Running, doing push-ups, and other exercise right in my backyard.

2. Back in April you committed to NC A&T they recently announced their new head coach as Will Jones who was previously the associate HC can you talk about your recruiting & what made you ultimately decided upon A&T? Well Coach Jones and Coach Dorsett where very understandable. Before the pandemic they where recruiting me heavy and what separated them from the other schools were that they were consistent with recruiting me. They were willing to do any and everything to get me to the school. I felt wanted and loved. On top of that the program is making a big step to the Big South. They have big aspirations and so do I. I couldn’t have been more sure about this decision!

3. We are starting to hear HBCU's gain national attention for recruiting & some notable recruits speaking towards potentially playing for an HBCU as an actual HBCU signee what are your thoughts on the national attention HBCUs are currently receiving? In my opinion it’s one of the biggest steps for HBCU athletes. We now have a better chance of pursuing our dreams and goals.

4. A&T has one of the larger HBCU student bodies what were some of things that stood out to you on your visit to A&T? Unfortunately I didn’t go on a visit because of Covid-19

5. A&T had a winning season last year & has a potential pro PG returning for his senior season what do you hope to bring to the team this season as a freshmen? My job this year is to take advantage of my time and get better at developing my game. There’s no doubt in my mind that I’ll be one of the best combo guards to come through A&T. In the mean time I will be working hard, staying humble, encouraging my brothers (teammates) and cheering them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment