Wednesday, October 17, 2018

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW: WILLIAMSPORT HS. 2020 GUARD CALEB BOWERS

ALL-MET ELITE INTERVIEW
WILLIAMSPORT HS. 
2020 GUARD 
CALEB BOWERS

Williamsport HS.
 Williamsport MD.

1. Age, height, weight?
17, 6’0, 155lbs

2. What did you work on this summer to improve your game?
This summer I focused on my ability to score and finish around the rim. I also worked on my off the dribble pull up jumper in transition and half court sets. Me and my trainer Matt Butts did many reps of floaters, pull ups,and creative finishes at the cup.

3. What schools have offered you or have shown you interest?
I'm currently receiving interest from Holy Cross, Loyola, UMBC, Shepherd, Millersville, Seton Hill, and Chestnut Hill.

4. What were some of the highlights of your summer in AAU, showcase events, camps & summer league etc?
This was definitely a break out summer for me and my recruiting. I had a great showing at the Elevate Hoops Capital Hoops Fest with the District Basketball Club where I earned all tournament team and was recognized as one of the top shooters at the event by prep hoops. Another great event was the Hoop Group Atlantic City Showcase tournament where I played with Baltimore Orange Life. During that event I scored 30 points in the first game against the NJ Roadrunners along with ending the tournament averaging 26.5 ppg. Lastly I had a great showing during the Hoop Group Elite Session 2 camp at Albright College where many college coaches gave me great feedback on my game and grew to show more interest in my talents.

5. How would you describe Williamsport basketball, what style of play will you guys play this season & what do you predict your role will be this season? Also how would you describe the competition in your Washington county public school conf?
Williamsport basketball this year will be very intense defensively because we know it starts on that end. Me and the guys love the way Coach Grabill runs this program and know he’s going to have us prepared when it’s game time. With the team we have this year we’re looking to play at a fast past and use our length. My role on the team this year will definitely be a leader along with being the primary scorer. I feel like this summer has mentally and physically prepared me to take on this role. This years Washington County conference is showing that we’re the best team. I feel like we will be well prepared and mentally ready for whatever situation hits us.

6. What was your biggest learning experience on the varsity level as a sophomore?
Playing varsity and starting as a sophomore brought many challenges with it. Me and my teammate Lincoln Ball were the primary ball handlers & scorers for the team and that just made us grow faster and stronger as the year went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment