Tuesday, February 13, 2018

MARCUS DOCKERY OF THEODORE ROOSEVELT HS. IS NEXT UP - ALL-MET ELITE

MARCUS DOCKERY
OF
THEODORE ROOSEVELT HS.
 IS NEXT UP 
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
THEODORE ROOSEVELT HS.
NW WASHINGTON D.C.
 
Height, weight: 6'2, 158 lbs.
 
1. Last year you played in the WCAC what do you believe are the biggest differences between the WCAC & the DCIAA? The biggest difference in the DCIAA and the WCAC would most likely be the style of play. In the WCAC coaches look to run an offense that suits their style but in the DCIAA it’s about getting buckets and being able to flat out play.
 
2. You have played a significant part in Roosevelt's success this season what was the thought process behind your transfer to Roosevelt this year? I was sure of what I wanted to do with my future and Roosevelt fully fit what I wanted to do when it came to both the classroom and on the court.
 
3. How would you describe the Roosevelt basketball program & Coach Rob's coaching style? The Roosevelt basketball program is very different from others, when it comes to the way we work out. The coaches have given me the best opportunity to take my game to the next level. Coach Rob's coaching style is like no other I have played under. His mentality is if you can get a bucket, then get one.
 
4. What parts of your game will you work on this spring/summer? This upcoming spring and summer I will work on my weaknesses and turn them into my strengths, for example my ability to penetrate past defenders and get to the free throw line. Also I will work on my mid range jumper and foot work.
 
5. This summer as a point guard how will you manage to keep everyone involved & also find a way to score on what is shaping up to be a very talented DC Premier team? As a point guard with a really talented team, I will have to manage getting everyone involved, be a team leader but also make sure I am the most aggressive on both sides of the ball.
 
6. You guys experienced a very tough loss against Wilson in a very highly anticipated matchup - how do you believe you & your teammates will respond going forward? We will respond knowing this time we were overlooked in winning against them & the next time we see them we will play with a hugeeeee chip on our shoulders!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment