Sunday, September 3, 2017

BALLISLIFE - DONNIE BUI EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

BALLISLIFE
 DONNIE BUI
EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW
ALL-MET ELITE
 
1. How did you get started with Ballislife? I got started with Ballislife right as the lockout had started. They were looking for an intern on the east coast and I magically DMd webb my co worker now who took me under while I was still in college. They were able to work with me thru college and finally sign me full time once I finished. Luck and timing had everything to do with my situation now honestly, I grew up a huge hoops fan but never really thought this would lead me to Ballislife.
 
2. As someone who has watched Zion Williamson's games how would you rank his talent in comparison to other top prospects you have seen? In terms of talent he's definitely up there in the top 3 guys I've ever covered athletically. The only other guy I can possibly think of that comes close would be Wiggins or Derrick Jones Jr. I think the biggest thing that separates him from other top prospects I've covered in the past is his "will" or "want" to play hard every single possession. Which obviously is a big standout to me because it never mattered who was in front of him whether it being a little kid or a top ranked prospect, he's going to go at you 100 percent which I've rarely seen in kids in his position.
 
3. What were your initial thoughts when you were asked to move to Charlotte from Raleigh to cover Zion Williamson? Initial thoughts were "at least I'm close to home" haha I actually was born in Charlotte and lived there til I was 9 so I've still got family and friends in the area. That made the transition a lot easier but the season ended up really fun! What started out as maybe 50-60 people in the gym the first half of the season to the school website announcing sellouts DAILY after Zion made his presence felt at the Chick Fil A Classic.
 
4. Are there any Hs. players in the DC area that you believe are exciting fan favorites? D.C. wise I honestly love it up there. Ballislife actually moved me 2 seasons ago to the DMV to cover Chris Lykes and Markelle Fultz so that was a new experience for me. Definitely enjoyed my time in the DMV and hope to return soon. I think Chris Lykes will end up being a fan favorite among the ACC. "Heart over Height"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment