Thursday, May 4, 2017

ST. ANDREWS ELIJAH WOOD EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

ST. ANDREWS
RED HOT RECRUIT
 ELIJAH WOOD
  EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW
ALL-MET ELITE
 
ST. ANDREWS EPISCOPAL SCHOOL
POTOMAC MD.
 
1. Official height & weight? 6’5, 165lbs.
 
2. What schools, boys & girls clubs rec, AAU teams did you play basketball for growing up? When I was younger, I played with my dad’s team for the early years of AAU, I played with 6th man for a short time. After, I took a break from AAU and only practiced and trained with my mentor, Brandon Howell. I spent 7th grade playing CYO with Mercy Catholic. Then I went to St. Andrews and played there as well for middle school. For 8th grade summer however, I played with Baltimore United.
 
3. You are from the D.C. area which has a lot of strong AAU organizations what made you decide to play AAU for Boo Williams? I chose Boo Williams because he is a legend in the game of basketball and coaching AAU. I also have family ties within the 757 as well, so it made the transition much easier.
 
4. 4. How would you describe you game? I'm a team player first. I do what I feel is right for my team to get the Victory. 
 
5. What are your strengths ? I like to get teammates involved and to get into transition on the fast break as well. I like to pass but if need be I can get a quick bucket as well.
 
What are you looking to improve upon this spring/summer? What I need to work on is my on ball defense and my size/strength.
 
6. You attend St. Andrews how would you describe their style of play & how have they helped you to develop as a player? Their style of play helps with my fundamentals. My teammates and staff both helped me get ready for this AAU season.
 
7. Your recruiting has really increased what would you say has caused you to suddenly receive the attention of so many different college coaches? To be honest, It's just hard work finally paying off. I think my skills are finally being seen, but that is no excuse to stop working.
 
8.What schools have officially offered you and what schools are showing you interest currently? Auburn, Georgia, Tulane, TCU, Norfolk State, Hampton, Texas A&M, Texas, Tech, St. Bonaventure, have all offered me. I have interest from Wyoming, SMU, Townson, Wake Forest, UCLA,  and recently Miami.
 
9. Has anything within the game changed for you since you began receiving offers? How have other players reacted? It has changed a little bit. People are giving me their best now all the time. However, through my faith in the Lord and Family, I stay humble and hungry.
 
10. What are your basketball plans & goals for the spring/summer? My basketball goals and plans for this spring and summer are to continue to work hard in the areas I'm lacking in to be better than I currently am. I also want to help Boo Williams win the Nike Peach Jam, and to be the best player in the nation for the class of 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment