Tuesday, May 23, 2017

SADDIQ BEY OF SIDWELL FRIENDS EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

SADDIQ BEY
OF
SIDWELL FRIENDS
 EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW
ALL-MET ELITE
 
SIDWELL FRIENDS SCHOOL
N.W. WASHINGTON D.C.
 
1.Sidwell won the MAC championship this year what has been the most valuable lesson you have learned from this past season? I have learned that no matter how many obstacles there are in front of you. There is always a way if you work hard, are determined and have a relationship with God. I have also learned to trust yourself and your preparation because if you do those things you can achieve what you want.
 
 2. How has Coach Singletary & the Sidwell coaching staff helped you to develop your game? Coach Singletary and the coaching staff have been major contributors in my development as a player and person. Coach has taught me what it takes to accomplish your goals and he continues to push me to work harder and harder and focus on your craft, and to try to aim for perfection in what you do. In addition, they preach to have limitless goals because that will make you even work harder to reach them.
 
3. You currently play for DC Premier on the UA circuit what was the thought process behind you playing on the UA circuit this spring/summer & how has that experience helped you? DC Premier is a great organization overrall. I was excited when I found out that I had the opportunity to play with them because I always heard of their high caliber and how they always have high expectations come tournament time. I think that we have a great team (6-2 UAA) and are now beginning to mesh and come together, so that we can prepare and be ready for the rest of the tournaments ahead of us.
 
4. Several high major colleges have offered you, how would you describe what you are looking for in a school, basketball coach, program & system? As always I am looking for a balance in both areas, basketball and school. Somewhere that will help me develop my game and person to its fullest potential and to get the most out of my basketball experience. I want to play as long as I can, and wherever I feel as though would be the best fit for me is important. Along with having somewhere where when the ball stops bouncing, I can be prepared for future success.
 
5. What are you going to work on to improve your game this spring/summer? I am going to work on every aspect of my game. No parts of my game are perfect so I can always drastically improve in every area. Whether that is sharpening mechanics, crisp ball handling, shooting, IQ, continuing to work on my body, leadership all of the things that come along with trying to be great.
 
6. What are your goals for this spring/summer and also your sr. year? My goals for this summer is work on being the best player and person that I can be. I want to continue to work and develop my game to be ready for the next level. And to become the best player that I can be. I am really focused on winning a championship, and winning is always important but along with staying hungry and humble to maximize my game to the fullest potential. And for my senior year, to win another championship, and continue to get exponentially better each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment