Wednesday, December 7, 2016

ELIJAH CLARANCE of ST. MARIA GORETTI EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

ELIJAH CLARANCE
of
ST. MARIA GORETTI
EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW 
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
ST. MARIA GORETTI
HAGERSTOWN MD.
 
 

1. Age, height, weight? 18, 6'3, 195.
 
2. You are originally from Sweden what made you and your family decide upon St. Maria Goretti both academically and athletically for HS. ? My brother used to play college ball over here and so over his playing career he got to know someone by the name of Mike and he helps foreign players get over to the states. While in Sweden and playing for the national team my aspiration had always been to play basketball in the U.S. and so through my brother and me doing good with the national team, Mike was able to set up several high school visits and it just happened to be Goretti that was willing to give me a full scholarship to attend the school so that's what I chose (I currently live with a host family).

 3. How would you describe the style of basketball played in Sweden, is it different than the basketball played here? The style is way slower, more plays set up and just overall not as physical and aggressive as over here.

4. What are your team and personal goals for your senior season? Our team goal is to win the IPSL league and the BCL, my personal goal would be to win the player of the year in the BCL and be one of the best defenders in the league.


5. What other schools offered prior to your commitment? I was recruited by a lot of school and had I think over 20 offers from mid-level schools like St Bonaventure, DePaul, Delaware, La Salle, Pepperdine and so forth.

 6. What did you work on this summer to improve your game?  I worked on everything really just tightening some things up and focusing on my shot being consistent, I still have to work on that.

7. What do you believe are your strengths? I would say my strengths are my ability to create for myself and others, I think my athleticism allows me to do a lot of things with the ball. I need to continue to work on being consistent game after game and be able to find other ways to be efficient on the court if I'm not having a great night. 


8. Who is your favorite college player and NBA player? My favorite NBA players are Russell Westbrook, or Damian Lillard.
 
9. Does Sweden have anything similar to the AAU programs here? No Sweden does not there it's only club basketball and tournaments.

What were the deciding factors for your decision to attend Illinois State? I felt really comfortable with the coaching staff, and I will be an immediate impact player coming in as a freshman.

No comments:

Post a Comment