Monday, October 10, 2016

ST. STEPHENS & ST. AGNES SENIOR GUARD - DENMARK SLAY - EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

ST. STEPHENS & ST. AGNES
SENIOR GUARD
DENMARK SLAY
EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW
ALL-MET ELITE
 
ST. STEPHENS & ST. AGNES
ALEXANDRIA VA.
 
Age, height, weight? 19, 5'11, 175 lbs.
 
You recently played AAU for the District Basketball Club, what other basketball teams did you play for growing up, middle school, AAU, boys and girls club teams? I played varsity for Evangel Christian School in 8th and 9th grade before transferring to Bishop O'Connell for a year. AAU I played for VA. Dynasty up to 7th grade before switching to Team Takeover for 3 years and I remember playing at the Hylton and Dumfries boys and girls club from like 2nd to 6th grade.
 
What goals have you set for your senior season? I want to help lead my team to win the Sleepy Thompson tournament, IAC championship and a state championship as well and win state player of the year.
 
What were the deciding factors for your recent commitment to High Point University? Committing to High Point wasn't that hard after visiting. I had developed a great relationship with the coaching staff and then once I visited and saw the campus it was a no brainer. I also wanted to go to a school that wins and High Point has won 4 straight regular season conference championships.
 
What other schools offered you before your commitment? During the summer I received offers from NJIT, VMI and Saint Thomas Aquinas College and in thr fall received another from Merrimack College.
 
 What are your strengths and what are the things that you believe need work for the next level? I think I'm a good leader now, but I want to become an even better one for this upcoming season and college, I want to continue to work on my shooting, ball handling and playmaking skills as well as my basketball IQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment