Friday, September 30, 2016

BISHOP O'CONNELL GUARD - XAVIER JOHNSON - EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

BISHOP O'CONNELL
POINT GUARD
XAVIER JOHNSON
  EXCLUSIVE TWITTER
INTERVIEW
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
Age, height, weight? 16, 6'1, 170.
 
What basketball teams did you play for growing up middle school, AAU, or boys and girls club? Battlefield Middle(Fredericksburg,Va) Hoop Booth, Fredericksburg Heat, LBA Attack, DC Premier.
 
When did you first start playing basketball? I first started playing basketball at 2 years old.
 
What did you work on this summer to get better? I worked on my jumper most of the summer.
 
What are your strengths? My strengths are going off screens, finishing around the basket, finding open teammates, getting paint touches, taking charges, and my defense.
 
What do you believe you need to continue to work on? I need to work on my jumper.

What were the highlights of your summer on the AAU/camp circuit? The highlight of my summer was Peach Jam and Vegas.

What are your goals this upcoming season for O'Connell? My goal for the season is to win the WCAC title!
 
What schools have offered or have shown interest in you? Providence, NC State, Towson, Manhattan have offered me. Notre Dame, Louisiana Tech, Lehigh, Yale, Old Dominion, Nebraska, Georgetown, George Washington, George Mason,William and Mary, Xavier, and James Madison have all shown interest.
 
What do you believe has caused your recruiting to increase? I think Peach Jam boosted my recruitment just playing really well on both ends of the floor and doing it in front of a big crowd.
 
What player or coach have you learned the most from while in high school so far? I learned from all my coaches at both O'Connell and Team Takeover. They've taught me a lot and they are still continuing to teach me a lot. But the player I watch a lot is Kyrie Irving the way he breaks down defenders and scores the ball in different kind of ways is amazing and I try to model my game after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment