Monday, May 2, 2016

ST. JOHN'S HS. GUARD TRE WOODS EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

ST. JOHN'S HS.
POINT GUARD
TRE WOODS
 EXCLUSIVE
TWITTER INTERVIEW 
 ALL-MET
 
TRE WOODS
ST. JOHN'S HS.
WASHINGTON D.C.
 
 Age, Height, Weight? 17, 6'1 and 167 lbs.
 
What age did you start playing basketball? I started playing basketball at 5 years old.
 
What teams and schools did you play for growing up? I played rec league basketball for Lake Arbor. Before I joined Team Takeover I played with a team called the Lake Arbor Hawks who started as a rec team and ended up being an AAU team.
 
For HS. why did you believe St. John's was the best fit for you both academically and athletically? I selected St. John's high school because I felt like it was a school that was going to challenge me and at the same time I would be able to manage academically. As far as basketball, I felt like I would learn from the seniors that were here and I would be able to play on varsity all four years.
 
You have played with the current Washington Post player of the year Anthony Cowan for two seasons what have you learned from him that you will continue to use going forward? I learned from Anthony how to be more aggressive and how to play at a high energy level at all times.
 
St. Johns won the WCAC title this year what are your predictions for next season?  I have no predictions for next year yet. It is to early to predict. I feel however that my team is capable of getting back to where we were last year so that is what we will strive to do.
 
What are you spring/summer basketball plans? My plans are to play well this spring/summer to hopefully receive a few more college offers going into my junior year. I am also looking forward to being invited to the top camps this year
 
What do you plan to work on this off season to expand your game for your junior year? As far as the offseason is concerned I am looking to becoming more of a leader and also more vocal. Also improving my jump-shot to make it tougher to guard me.
 
What do you believe you need to work on to improve your game? I believe I need to work on my jump-shot and being a vocal leader. That will be vital in determining how we do next season.
 
What do you believe is your biggest strength on the court? My biggest strength would be my IQ.
 
What do you bring to your team that is needed most?  My ability to hit the open man. I am also a fast guard who is able to get to anywhere on the court and I believe my explosiveness is good as well. 
 
What college offers and interest have you received? I currently hold one offer from Manhattan University.

No comments:

Post a Comment