Monday, May 9, 2016

KABIR MOHAMMED - NATIONAL CHRISTIAN ACADEMY - EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

KABIR MOHAMMED 
SHOOTING GUARD
 NATIONAL CHRISTIAN ACADEMY 
 EXCLUSIVE TWITTER
 INTERVIEW 
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
NATIONAL CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
FORT WASHINGTON MD.
 
Age, height, weight? Age 19, height 6"5, weight 212lbs.
 
How long have you been playing basketball? I have been playing basketball for about 11 years now, I started when I was 7 or 8.
 
What was your mind state going into your senior season - what did you want to accomplish, in comparison to what was actually accomplished? Going in to my senior season was tough for me, knowing that I would have to do even more for the team but I fully embraced my role. All I wanted for my senior year was to go undefeated but we came up a little bit shot on that one but it still was a great year for me and the rest of the team, winning the beltway league was one of our goals and we accomplished that, because we lost in the finals the year before.
 
Your team defeated API earlier this year a very highly publicized and talented team what were your thoughts going into the game and also after the victory? Going into the game, we all knew they were a good team but we didn't let that get into our head. All we wanted was to go and play hard while everything puts itself into place, we accomplished the mission and came out with the victory. After taking the W. We got back in the gym the next day cause we had a mission to complete.
 
How would you describe your game? As for my game, I just want to be a complete basketball player first before any thing else, I like to touch every part of the stat sheet, my strength is going to the basket.


What do you feel you need to improve upon for the next level? For the next level, I will need to continue my focus on being a complete player and work on my jump shot which I have been doing and it's going good.
Are you considering a prep year or are you definitely going to college next school year? I'm not considering a prep year, I will be going to college this year.
 
What colleges have offered you and what schools are starting to show interest? After I was released from my commitment to the Citadel, the schools I have heard from are Hofstra, Quinnipiac , Illinois state, Missouri state, Iona, St. Louis, New Hampshire, and St. Peter's, they are really interested in me and are waiting for me to come for a visit, from the way things are going, they will offer once I go up there for a visit..
 
How has National Christian helped develop you as a player? National Christian has really helped me. As a ball player and academically also, the coaches made sure they brought the best out of me all the time even at practice, and the teachers at the school helped out with extra study time after school. They made me a better student by making sure I studied all the time and worked hard for my grades or else I would fail, even though I know I'm a good student they still made sure that I did what they asked. Which was great.
 
As a student-athlete what does the ideal college look like for you both academically and athletically? The ideal college for me, I believe if you do the right thing then success will surely come, I just want to be in a nice situation where I know I'm getting better in school, basketball and also getting better in terms of life in general.

Who are the most influential people in your life both on and off the court? The most influential people in my life on and off the court are my family and coach Shawn Harmon's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment