Monday, April 18, 2016

REMEMBER THE NAME - 2020- TERRANCE WILLIAMS of TEAM TAKEOVER - ALL-MET ELITE

REMEMBER THE NAME 
2020
 TERRANCE WILLIAMS
 of
TEAM TAKEOVER 
EXCLUSIVE TWITTER
INTERVIEW
 ALL-MET ELITE

TERRANCE WILLIAMS
TEAM TAKEOVER AAU
D.C. MD. VA.
 
Age, height, weight? - Age -15, height - 6'5, weight - 185.

You have been the highest nationally ranked middle school prospect in the DC area for several years, next school year in high school you will be starting a new chapter what is your mindset as you take on this new challenge? - I'm excited for this new chapter. High school represents a new chapter and a new challenge. My middle school days are officially coming to an end.  I'm ready though. High school will be more intense, which I like, because it forces me to work harder. Being a part of the WCAC, the toughest league in country, will challenge me in new ways and prepare me for the next level, which is college. 
 
What did you like most about Gonzaga HS. that made you decide it was the best high school for you both academically and athletically? - Gonzaga represented the best of both worlds. I knew that it would give me the challenge academically through higher level courses. Athletically, it represents a chance for me to play under a great coach and in a system that complements my skills. 

What are you doing to prepare yourself for the next level this summer? - This summer I will be playing summer league with Gonzaga. On my off time I will be working with my AAU program, Team Takeover and continue training, many times twice a day, to improve my speed and agility and also my ball handling and jump shot. I will also be taking some courses at Gonzaga to prepare me for high school. 

You have played on the AAU circuit for sometime - what do you like most about playing AAU and if you could change one thing what would it be? - Yes. I've been playing AAU since I was 8. The things that I like most about playing AAU are the competition and the chance to meet and play with players from across the country. AAU also gives me a chance to showcase my ability and skill. If I could change one thing, I would have all of the shoe companies (Nike, Adidas, and UA) come together for one major event to include the top 10 teams from each brand. 

What are your summer plans who are you playing for and what age groups, are you attending any camps or combines? - My summer plans are to stay in the gym and weight room during the week. I will be practicing with my AAU program and traveling with them. I will be also be preparing for the summer league with Gonzaga. I will be playing 15u and 14u most of the summer. In addition to the UA Combine, I'll be participating in the John Lucas camp in Texas and CP3 camp in North Carolina.

You are attending the UA combine in DC there will be a lot of talent in the building how do you plan to separate yourself from the other players at the combine? -  I plan to my separate myself during these events by being an all around player, playing hard on both ends, being coachable, and using my IQ to control the game. 

If you could play one person 1-on-1 from any level NBA, college, or HS who would it be? - I would want to play Kris Jenkins of Villanova. I appreciate that he graduated from Gonzaga and a lot of people say that I play like him because our games and speed are similar. We also play the same position.

Who is your favorite NBA player and college player? - My favorite NBA player is Kevin Durant. I've always been a KD fan since I was little and he's from the DMV area. My favorite college player is Buddy Hield because he gets straight buckets and he led his Oklahoma team to the Final 4. 

 Who is your biggest inspiration both on the court and also off the court? - On the court my inspiration is Draymond Green because he does it all on the court, from rebounding to playing defense to scoring. Off the court my inspiration is my family circle because they work hard at what they do and push me to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment