Sunday, August 9, 2015

GONZAGA HS. MYLES DREAD - Hoop Group Future All-American Camp Notes - ALL-MET ELITE

GONZAGA HS.
MYLES DREAD 
 Hoop Group
Future All-American
 Camp Notes 
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
GONZAGA HS.
WASHINGTON D.C.
ARTICLE COURTESY
CITYOFBASKETBALLLOVE.COM
 
Myles Dread (Gonzaga College HS ‘18)
For most players in the 2018 class, it’s a bit early to start generating large amounts of college offers.
College coaches do watch rising sophomores in 15U AAU action throughout the summer, but it’s certainly not their priority, as they tend to focus more on their top targets in the rising senior class and in identifying who those targets will be in the rising junior class.
 
So it’s not uncommon for a player like Myles Dread to be offerless, but what is a bit less frequent is for a rising sophomore to have the laundry list of high-major schools expressing interest that the DMV-area prospect does at this time.
 
Dread claimed interest in the form of letters or calls to his coaches from Cincinnati, George Mason, West Virginia, Stanford, Maryland, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, and Wake Forest, and he certainly plans on putting in the requisite work in order to parlay that interest into some offers over the next year.
“Just being in the gym every day, no rest. Just working when you’re tired and working when nobody’s watching,” he said of his plans for his sophomore season at Gonzaga. “As of right now I feel like the biggest aspect of my game that I need to work on is my ballhandling and my physical condition. I feel like I could be in better shape and I have to be stronger with the ball because I’m gonna be playing the guard at the higher level.”
 
Dread will be a big piece for Gonzaga this season, as the Eagles seek to defend the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference title, competing in what many feel is the best high school league in the nation.
 
Having started last season as a freshman, Dread will team with classmate Prentiss Hubb and rising junior Chris Lykes-- both high-major prospects in their own right-- to form a three-headed monster on the perimeter that will surely give opposing coaches fits.
 
“I’m very excited for school,” he said. “Chris Lykes, Eddie Scott, and Prentiss Hubb, those are my friends, I love those dudes. They push me, I push them, and I feel as though next season we are going to have a very, very strong team and I think we’ll have a good chance to defend the title.”

No comments:

Post a Comment