Friday, June 27, 2014

KEVIN DURANT TALKS KD 7 INFLUENCES - ALL-MET ELITE

KEVIN DURANT
TALKS  
KD 7 
INFLUENCES
 ALL-MET ELITE 

MONTROSE CHRISTIAN HS.
ROCKVILLE MD.
kd 7 upcoming releases The Story Behind Every Upcoming Nike KD 7 Release

SN: During the webcast, you mentioned that you value the fashion aspect of your sneakers more than the functional aspect. So being from DC, how important was it to have some sort of Foamposite material on your shoes?

KD: First off, function is still very important, and if it doesn’t work for me, then it doesn’t matter how good it looks. With Posite – I’ve been fighting for that for a while! That’s our culture here. If you look at the sales numbers for Foamposites, a lot comes from here, so I wanted to integrate that in my shoe and i’m glad they put it in.

Nike always listens to what I have to say, but for them, it’s all about the right timing to do certain things with my shoe as it moves forward and keeps getting better. So I proposed the idea of Posite a while ago, and they definitely surprised me with it on the KD7.

SN: What’s more impactful for you – the “DC” aspect of your shoe, or the “Weatherman” identity?


KD: For sure, the DC aspect. I can’t forget where I came from, and this place molded me to what I am – culturally, emotionally, physically, everything, you know. So i just wanted to give back and let people know where I come from, and it’s even more important that the kids get to experience it too. The Weatherman thing is cool and all, but DC is what I am.


COURTESY OF 
SNEAKER NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment