Wednesday, May 14, 2014

PAUL VI. HS - JOSHUA REAVES - EXCLUSIVE TWITTER INTERVIEW - ALL-MET ELITE

PAUL VI. HS 
 JOSHUA REAVES
  ALL-MET ELITE
EXCLUSIVE
 TWITTER INTERVIEW

PAUL VI. HS.
FAIRFAX VA.
JOSHUA REAVES
 
How old were you when you first started playing organized basketball?
I have been playing basketball ever since I can remember. Even when I wasn't old enough my mother let me play up an age group.
 
What teams did you play for - boys club, middle school, junior high school, AAU etc.?
I played house league in Burke Virginia. Then in elementary school I played in the county league for the county of Herndon.
In middle school I played for Herndon up until 8th grade.
AAU I played with the Fairfax Stars after attending Middleburg academy my freshmen year.
I then transferred to Paul VI HS. my sophomore year and also moved to Team Takeover for AAU.
 
Who are your closets friends in basketball?
My closest friend when I play basketball is Paul VI senior Evan Taylor.
 
What is it like playing in the highly competitive WCAC?
Playing in the WCAC is great because every night you get the best of everyone no matter who you are playing.
 
Who is or was your biggest influence in basketball? 
My biggest influence to play basketball is my father. He passed away when I was 6 years old and we would go to play basketball every day, after I got out of school for hours.
 
Who is you favorite basketball player on any level ?
My favorite player on an any level was Tracy McGrady when he played for the Orlando Magic.
 
If you could play any NBA player 1-on-1 - who would it be? 
If I could play any basketball player I would play against Kobe Bryant because he is very skilled and a great basketball player.
 
Your AAU team is very successful and loaded with talent  how do you guys continue to push each other?
We continue to push each other because most of the team are unsigned players so we are playing against everyone else in the EYBL for a spot.
 
What have you learned from playing with and against Frank, Kevin and Marcus?
I have learned from Marcus, Frank, and Kevin that a bond on a basketball court is stronger than anything. We have been with each other for 2 years now and I feel like when we are on the court together I know how everyone moves and they know where I will be.
 
When you work out - what are some of the things you focus on?
When I work out the main things I work on are my ball handling and my jump shot.
 
Bonus question
What are your future basketball goals?
My future goals for basketball, I wish to be able to play in the NCAA tournament and help my team go as far as possible with my talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment