Sunday, August 18, 2013

2017 - Point Guard Matt Coleman has Virginia's interest - ALL-MET ELITE

2017 - Point Guard
Matt Coleman
 has
Virginia's interest
ALL-MET ELITE
 
MAURY HS.
NORFOLK VA.
 
The 6-foot point guard from Norfolk was a participant in Virginia’s Elite Camp that wrapped up on Saturday. He broke into a wide smile when asked about receiving a scholarship offer at such a young age.

“It was surprising,” said Coleman, who is entering his freshman season at Maury High School in Norfolk, “because I didn’t know they were looking at me like that.

“And then when I got the call from [Bennett], he said, ‘We want to offer...you’re so young, but I like you.’ I was excited. I was like, ‘Wow!’ It was a blessing, but I still have to be humble about this experience because I have a long way to go.”

Coleman, who also has an offer from Old Dominion (where former Virginia coach Jeff Jones recently took over) said Bennett likes that he is a southpaw.

“He said, ‘I like lefties and I think you have the potential to be great,’” Coleman said. “He said, ‘You’re not at it right now, but in the future you could be.’ He kept it real, which is what I liked.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment