Friday, April 5, 2013

TARON AYERS - SUMMERS COUNTY WEST VIRGINIA - TRANSFERRING TO PREP SCHOOL - ALL-MET ELITE

TARON AYERS 
 SUMMERS COUNTY
WEST VIRGINIA 
 TRANSFERRING TO PREP SCHOOL 
ALL-MET ELITE
SUMMERS COUNTY HS.
WEST VA.
  
The Register-Herald Boys Player of the Year.
Ayers was the state’s leading scorer, averaging 27.5 points per game.

 Summers County’s TaRon Ayers won the award,
“TaRon’s an offensive machine,” now retired Bobcats coach James “Pistol” Payne said. “You can’t keep him from getting shots.”

Ayers transferred to Summers County this season from Woodrow Wilson to be closer to his family — brother Jaquan Ayers and cousins TJ Smith and Isaiah Brown.

“It was a memorable season for me,” Ayers said. “This is where my family’s from, and to get to play here was a big thing for me.”

Ayers utilized a slashing and dashing offense, penetrating defenses for acrobatic buckets in the transition, while also having a deadly outside scoring game.

“Taron is very quick. He’s a great penetrator,” Payne said. “He looks to get others involved as much as possible, but if we’ve made a couple trips down the court without a bucket, he’s going to pick up the slack and put the ball in himself.”


“I knew TaRon had tremendous upside. It was great to have him in Summers County. The only thing I would change is I wish we would have had him for one more season,” Payne said.

In fact, the junior has played his final game in a Bobcats uniform. Facing concerns about eligibility requirements in 2014 due to age, Ayers has chosen to end his time at Summers County and continue his career at a yet to be decided prep school.

“It was tough,” Ayers said on making the decision. “They (WVSSAC) didn’t rule me ineligible for next season, but my family and I thought it would be great for me to go to a prep school and get better.”

Payne echoed those sentiments.

“I think it’s a real good move for him,” he said. “I think it’s what he needs to do. There’s no telling how good TaRon can be. It’s so easy for him. It’s really hard to tell.”


No comments:

Post a Comment