Sunday, February 17, 2013

ANTHONY BARBER NAMED MCDONALD'S ALL- AMERICAN - ALL-MET ELITE

ANTHONY BARBER
NAMED
MCDONALD'S ALL-AMERICAN 
 ALL-MET ELITE
 
HAMPTON HS.
HAMPTON VA.
 
"It's a big deal to me," Barber said. "A lot of great players who have gone to the McDonald's game made it to the league, so it'll be a great experience for me.
"I thought I had a good chance to make it coming in as the third (-ranked) point guard in the nation. If I didn't make it, it would have been motivation. But it's still motivation that they selected me. I'm going to go out there and do my best."
Rivals.com ranks Barber the No. 11 prospect in the Class of 2013 and the third-best point guard. He is the reigning Group AAA Player of the Year and signed last November with N.C. State.

Barber is only the second Peninsula District player to be selected to the McDonald's All-American game. Hampton's Ronald Curry was a 1998 selection and won the John Wooden Award as the top player with 19 points and 13 rebounds.
"We're all proud of Cat," Hampton assistant coach Eric Brown said. "Making the McDonald's game is a tremendous achievement for him, his coaches, and his family. It's been a long, hard road since his freshman year."

No comments:

Post a Comment