Tuesday, June 12, 2012

BRYANT CRAWFORD - GONZAGA HS. - ALL-MET ELITE

BRYANT CRAWFORD 
 GONZAGA HS.
WASHINGTON D.C.
ATTENDS
CHIS PAUL
CP3 ELITE GUARD CAMP
ALL-MET ELITE

Bryant Crawford immediately identified with what Chris Paul was lecturing about during the CP3 Elite Guard Camp at the Gateway YWCA here this weekend.

Crawford too doesn’t see the point of shooting a 12 to 15-footer when he’s “more than confident” that he can get all the way to the basket at will.

But as he continued to listen to the Los Angeles Clippers All-Star point guard, Crawford changed his perspective almost immediately.

“See I had to transition my mind to start shooting floaters because once you get to the league guys are longer and way more athletic,” Paul told the campers. “It’s so important for your game to evolve, and adding a floater opens up so much more offensively. It’s just something else that keeps the defense guessing and makes you more dangerous offensively.”

After the chat, Crawford, a rising sophomore point guard at Gonzaga College High School (Washington, D.C.), and the rest of the campers ran through countless drills to try and perfect the floater.

“When CP3 broke it down like that it made so much sense,” Crawford said. “I know that from now on I’m going to be using the floater so much more. It’s hard because I’m a young guy and I’m really confident so I always want to take it all the way to the hoop. Now I’ll use the floater more.”



No comments:

Post a Comment