Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cassell's Commitment To Terps Could Have Immediate Impact

Cassell's
Commitment To Terps Could Have Immediate Impact
ALL-MET ELITE

A Baltimore native, Cassell is the son of Sam Cassell Sr., who starred at Dunbar before taking his game to three different college programs (including Florida State) and eventually a 15-year career in the NBA. Last year, Cassell Jr. averaged 22 points and six assists for Notre Dame Prep. He will bring a much-needed ball-handling and shooting presence to a Maryland squad lacking in those areas.

What separated Maryland in the end?
SC: There were a few things, but mostly it's a chance to play for my city and my hometown, to play in front of my family and friends. That's an opportunity I couldn't pass up. And I've always watched Maryland on TV growing up, too. I loved how hard they played, and it kind of really turned me on to them at a young age.
When did Maryland actually start recruiting you?
SC: They've been there in some form since July, and they offered me in September. They were on me before anyone else. Coach Bino [Ranson] has known me my whole life -- he knew me when I was a young guy with [AAU squad] Baltimore Elite. So when it came time [to be recruited], he was right there. Coach Bino is a great guy to be around.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment