Monday, January 30, 2012

WILL FERGUSON UPDATES RECRUITMENT

WILL FERGUSON
UPDATES
 RECRUITMENT DURING SEASON OF CHANGE

By - Matt Whitfield
To say things have been easy this last year for Will Ferguson would be far from the truth. The lightning quick Class of 2013 point guard has switched AAU programs and now high schools all within the last year. Ferguson though feels he is playing better basketball now that he’s back to his hometown team and judging by the performance he put on Friday night against Oakton High School in a 74-61 win Friday night with a raucous crowd that was taunting him, things look that way.
“At O’Connell I butted heads with a lot of the coaches and I didn’t think I was playing the way I could….It’s something that he didn’t see in me or something that I wasn’t doing that led to this, so I just had to make that move,” said Ferguson of the early January transfer to Herndon High School.
Friday night Ferguson put on a dazzling display to point the Oakton High School fans tried everything to slow him down from screaming during free throws to taunting the Herndon star throughout. Ferguson however showed he was the best and player on the floor as he sped up and down the court with ease often times hardly contested in the paint with an impressive display of layups, runners and jump shots. At times he looked as if he was toying with the opponent, many of whom are nowhere near the caliber of a player he is.
“It’s a lot of fun here. We have a good coach and a lot of my friends and family around me,” said Ferguson of being at Herndon High School.
Ferguson’s goal with Herndon is to win the district championship and regional championship and get to the state tournament. All the while there will be a plethora of coaches watching too as Ferguson already has his share of high major interest and offers.
“[Offers are from] VCU, Miami, Virginia Tech, Xavier, Virginia, Maryland, UMASS and Seton Hall,” said Ferguson.
Ferguson also mentioned he has already taken unofficial visits to Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech. For now though Ferguson just wants to work on a few things as he has two years before he’ll likely be playing for a high major team.
“[I want to work on just] cutting down my turnovers and work on my defense. And keep getting my teammates involved as well as work on my jump shot.”
Scouts, fans and recruiters keep an eye on this junior as Will Ferguson is one to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment