Sunday, January 1, 2012

RECRUITING UPDATE - JOSH HART

RECRUITING UPDATE 
 JOSH HART
SIDWELL FRIENDS HS
WASHINGTON D.C.
BY-  ALEX SCHWARTZ

Josh Hart, a 6-foot-4, 195-pound shooting guard, turned in one of the day’s most impressive performances, leading Sidwell Friends (DC) to a win over Atlantic City (NJ). The smooth scorer first listed a quartet of schools: Georgetown, North Carolina State, Penn State and Marquette.

“Those are the ones that show me the most interest right now,” Hart said, noting that all of them have offered.

The class of 2013 prospect also listed VCU, UMass, Villanova, Drexel, St. Joseph’s, Xavier, Penn and Virginia. Of those, Hart said that he has offers from the Rams, Minutemen, Musketeers and Quakers.
“No, not really right now,” Hart said of whether he has a favorite. “Just, I’m kinda just focusing on school right now and or season. Every now and then I catch some of the games and I think.”
Hart, who was wearing a Georgetown hat after coming out of the locker room postgame, has an idea of when he will be making his college choice, but it is by no means set in stone.
“Probably next fall,” Hart said. “Like I was saying, school is the most important [thing]. I just have to make sure I’m locked in academic-wise [and then I will] . . . sit down in the fall.”
Hart talked about some of the things that he will be looking for in a school as he inches towards a college choice.
“Probably just—I like to play up-tempo offense, but also people [who] can execute in halfcourt [settings] because college is not like AAU,” Hart said, also adding, “good fans, great coaching staff.”
On whether location will be a factor for him as well, Hart remarked, “Not really, it’s more that [it will be] based on me, what I’m comfortable in.”
Hart, who spent his freshman year at Wheaton (MD), also spoke a bit about his individual game.
“I think right now, probably being a slasher,” Hart said of the primary strength of his game.
As for his main weakness, he commented, “One thing I wanna . . . improve for the next level is [my game from] midrange.”



No comments:

Post a Comment